Day 4-NUt snacker

Janine S

I am just starting dinner for my day four. My most obvious observation so far is my meals have been way more creative then EVER! I am cooking out of Well Fed, and Nom Nom Paleo, and Everyday Paleo!!! Without these I would have fallen flat already!

I woke up to the day four newsletter and I laughed because last night I had a dream about Pizza!!!

I think I am eating too many nuts...well, no I KNOW I am eating way too many nuts! How do I stop??

I made it through my morning while my boys, ate donut holes, muffins, croissants........the smells were divine, and I had a moment of......"Why am I doing this?" But I perservered! I want to make it and I WILL!!!

My Facebook addiction which is one of my goals for this Whole30 is disappearing too!!!

I am excited to cook dinner these days.

For breakfast I had Toad in a Hole!!!

I have started planning for my back to school days so I do not lose what is lost these next few days!

My sister and i are doing this together so we have good support, I just need some snack ideas. Nuts are NOT the way to go!!!

Ideas??

• Moderators

How about making some extra Toad in a Hole and eating them as a snack.

The ideal snack is a mini-meal with protein, fat, and veggies, basically a small portion of leftovers from another meal. Portable, convenient foods like nuts and fruits do not provide well-rounded nutrition. They stop you from feeling hungry, but do not provide adequate nutrition to nourish your body with all it needs.

Thanks Tom!! Lunch was pork chop and sauerkraut leftovers....I find that I am utilizing more food options too...but those darn nuts were getting to me!!! It was total transference of my snacky need...which I want to end!

That is a great idea....(I have also got some great dinner ideas from your website too...do double thanks!!!) :~)

I bought coconut flakes for those times when my mouth and hands want me to eat. They go slowly if you eat them one at a time. Not sure if this is truly OK or not but it is sure helping me keep away from the trail mix and Jack's Links.

Archived