No sleep etc.

I've been up all night. I think this is day 20, maybe. Ive been sick with a sore throat for a couple days but last night my hormones felt all out of whack or something.

Last night I was tired and really didn't want to cook dinner for the family. I cooked up some slabs of beef, salad with olive oil, tomato and avocado... and I can't remember anything else. As I was trying to go to bed I realized I probably didn't get many carbs. Since I was feeling scary weird I ate a bannana before attempting to sleep.

After dinner I felt really off, a little buzz like I had alcohol or was drugged. I don't know if this was all related to not geting enough carbs or not.

I also took a dose of natural calm.

I did have an extra cup of coffee in early afternoon...

a cup of dandelion tea.

I had alot of anxiety in the middle of the night, wasn't nauseous but I really wished I would vomit for some reason. Basically the same as when I tried to take desiccated thyroid in the past. 

So im thinking more carbs, less coffee... I'm still awake at dawn, should I exercise to try to feel better?

I would definitely not excersise.  Lack of sleep already puts a lot of stress on the body.  If you excersise it will only increase the stress. Remember STRESS = CORTISOL RESPONSE.  Cortisol responses often cause weight gain as your body has a tendency on hoarding.. So if anybody asks me - sleep vs excersise?  Definitely sleep.

How low carb are you going - I would aim to have at least 1 starchy carb a day.  More on days you excersise.

Well by exercise I meant push a stroller around the block or sprint for about 4 seconds because that would be all the energy I have. I typically don't exercise. I just have an adrenaline -y feeling.

I have to watch my toddler all day so I might not have the opportunity to sleep today. 

How low? I don't know. I get the feeling if I was counting someone on this forum would yell at me to stop. I typically eat yams. today I think I'm all out of starchy veg. I mostly have fruit left. 

I know this is a terrible excuse for a meal but I ate a steak and banana for breakfast. I'm tired and sick and today is going to suck.

Well I already know I am sick. A germ fairy came around last week and gave me a sore throat.

Normally I wouldn't expect a sore throat or a cup of coffee to keep me wide awake for an entire night.

I wondered yesterday if I had a UTI, test strips showed some leukocytes but no nitrates. (maybe false positive because I was accidentally in ketosis?)

I meant with something like the flu. I experienced and have read about people losing inertia, getting tired and unmotivated towards the end of a Whole30, and sick of the whole program. I was told that this is the body and brain making a last-ditch attempt to get you to reverse course back to one's unhealthy lifestyle. But the symptoms you're describing seem more severe, and so I thought maybe some external distress is causing it or making it worse. Maybe it's a combination of the sore throat and that last gasp of your old self trying to reassert itself?

Archived