List of Places Where You Can Eat (Without a Bunch of Drama)

Okay, I looked over the forum and found that most of the threads were about what people could eat at specific restaurants or in specific cities/states.

Can we make a list of chain restaurants that are relatively easy to eat at?

We are planning a trip and I don't want to annoy my husband by being overly picky. I also don't want to hope for the best and eat stuff that isn't really compliant. Where are some good places to eat without too much trouble?

Outback Steakhouse has a gluten-free menu with a lot of good stuff and their servers seem very knowledgeable about restricted diets.  I have the least amount of trouble eating there.  They have sweet potatoes in the skin which you can request without seasoning, ditto on steamed veggies and they have lots of choices for proteins.

Any place that has gluten-free menus is a good place to start. I don't know in what part of the US you live.  I'm in the New England area. Chains that I frequent with next-to-no difficulty include Not Your Average Joe's, Burton's Grill, and Legal Sea Foods.

I would avoid Panera - too tricky to eat compliant there, even off their hidden menu. At Chipotle, the only compliant items are the carnitas and the guacamole.

Hi,

Any place that has gluten-free menus is a good place to start. I don't know in what part of the US you live.  I'm in the New England area. Chains that I frequent with next-to-no difficulty include Not Your Average Joe's, Burton's Grill, and Legal Sea Foods.

I would avoid Panera - too tricky to eat compliant there, even off their hidden menu. At Chipotle, the only compliant items are the carnitas and the guacamole.

I am VERY alarmed by the Chipotle comment. Can someone confirm that the pico de gallo and other meats are not compliant? Did I dream that I could eat a salad with any meat and salsa at Chipotle? 

Hi,

I am VERY alarmed by the Chipotle comment. Can someone confirm that the pico de gallo and other meats are not compliant? Did I dream that I could eat a salad with any meat and salsa at Chipotle? 

Have a look for yourself on Chipotle's ingredients website: https://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/ingredients_statement/ingredients_statement.aspx

The other meats are cooked in rice bran oil, which is not whole30 compliant.  On the salsas, looks like any salsa without corn is ok. So hey - one more thing you can have at Chipotle!  ;)

Archived