May 6 Day 5

KatieMcGraw

Made it another day! I was able to wake up and not feel so tired, the level of my hunger has decreased a LOT, I'm not worried but monitoring this.  I've even added working out to the mix (lifted some weights and did a walk/jog with my dog yesterday and a walk/jog on the treadmill tonight).  I'm surprised at how easy and "normal" this feels after only five days. The sugar cravings are certainly not what they were on day 1-3, and I find I don't miss my daily diet pepsi and kashi cookies.  Hopefully my optimism holds out for the next 25 days! :D 

Thanks Beets! Yes it is interesting to go through my day and not feel like I'm missing out on anything.  My husband had chinese food while I was at school and I could smell it when I came home....prior to Whole30 I'd be jealous and even possibly irritated that he had not gotten me any. Last night though I thought "ugh it smells like the deep fryer", I had to open up our living room windows to air out the apartment.  

I did do a no-no last night, I got on the scale, it's something I typically do after a run/jog so that was more out of habit. I found I have dropped six pounds since last Friday! I haven't been under 170 lbs for over a year even with hard diet and exercise. After a happy dance in the bathroom, I told my husband to hide it until the end of the program haha :) otherwise I'll be on it everyday. 

Archived