Dizzy, Lightheaded, Cramps-Ladies please

SVM

Hello all!

I'm on Day 18 of my Whole 30. Overall, everything has been pretty tame. I have been going through the motions of the timeline pretty regularly and my withdrawal wasn't so bad. I was 75% paleo before the program (with the exception of my Easter binge before  :wacko:) Everything was pretty basic UNTIL NOW.

I am experiencing EXTREME dizziness, nausea, unquenchable thirst, claminess and light-headedness to the point of almost fainting. Due to my anxiety-that I had previously my whole life- this is triggering my anxiety that I haven't had since I started and I've had to take a Xanax for the first time since my Whole 30. Didn't want to, but this sick thing had me up for hours in fear and paranoia. To top it all off, I'm on my period, day 3 which is typically the worst for me. Cramping and all. I'm 24, not sure if that info helps in regards to hormones. Before this, I was drinking approx 60 oz of water a day. The past 2 days I've drank close to 90-100 oz of water and some tea.

My meals for the past few days have been:

Day 16

Meal 1: 

Pistachio crusted Salmon (10oz)

1 1/2 cup of Broccoli

Meal 2:

5 ounces Chicken with Almond flour crust (as well as spices)

2-3 baked Sweet potatoes with cinnamon

1 cup of strawberries

Meal 3: 

Baked Salmon (8 oz)

1 1/2 cup Spinach

Sunflower Seeds

1/4 Bell pepper

1 Carrot

1 banana

Day17

Meal 1:

3 Eggs Scrambled

Coconut Milk

1 cup Broccoli

Handful of Cashews

Meal 2:

1 can of Tuna

1 whole avocado

2 Tbs of jalapeno sauce (whole30 compliant)

3-4 baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon

Snack: coconut water (normally never have, but panicked about electrolytes when I got dizzy)

Meal 3:

1 can Tuna

1 whole avocado

2 Tbs jalapeno sauce

1/2 cup kimchi

3/4 cup broccoli

1/2 bell pepper

2 carrots

Today:

Meal 1:

4 eggs scrambled

Coconut Milk

1 cup Broccoli

1 Tbs of Jalapeno sauce

1 handful of cashews

I know it's not much variety, but the dizziness has me so scared to drive, I go home and avoid the store and end up eating what I have. But I do usually mix it up between fish, poultry, red meat, and eggs. I feel like I'm eating enough of the 3 categories, I usually fill my plate. 

Perhaps I'm not eating enough salt? I think the sweet potatoes and broccoli show that I don't have carb flu or anything like that so who knows?

Please help in any way! I can be quite the hypochondriac and I'm freaking out a little bit! Starting to get the shakes  :unsure:

Thank you!!

So this is my first whole30 and I am also on day 18.  I have not been completely on track with the timeline and spent more time in some phases and shorter in others.  When I was on my period I did notice that my water intake was dramatically higher and I don't personally think that is a bad thing.  I was frustrated because my bloating stage lasted longer than normal but the positive was that I was drinking more water.  I am not going to attempt to counsel or coach you but I have worked in mental health for quite a while and just want to remind you that often time psychological stressors can be expressed through physical symptoms.  You could literally be making yourself sick via your anxiety.  If it were me, I would first make sure I am journaling, utilizing coping skills and identifying any triggers to my anxiety or panic.  I say this also because when I was not following the timeline to the date, I started to become depressed and anxious as to what I was doing eating or doing wrong.  I'm sure more experienced members will comment and give more feedback in regards to your whole30 compliance but as someone who experienced this anxiety/depression and as a mental health professional, I encourage you to use coping skills and deep breathing.  Take it one day at a time and focus on positive things your noticing.

Hello all!

I'm on Day 18 of my Whole 30. Overall, everything has been pretty tame. I have been going through the motions of the timeline pretty regularly and my withdrawal wasn't so bad. I was 75% paleo before the program (with the exception of my Easter binge before  :wacko:) Everything was pretty basic UNTIL NOW.

I am experiencing EXTREME dizziness, nausea, unquenchable thirst, claminess and light-headedness to the point of almost fainting. Due to my anxiety-that I had previously my whole life- this is triggering my anxiety that I haven't had since I started and I've had to take a Xanax for the first time since my Whole 30. Didn't want to, but this sick thing had me up for hours in fear and paranoia. To top it all off, I'm on my period, day 3 which is typically the worst for me. Cramping and all. I'm 24, not sure if that info helps in regards to hormones. Before this, I was drinking approx 60 oz of water a day. The past 2 days I've drank close to 90-100 oz of water and some tea.

My meals for the past few days have been:

Day 16

Meal 1: 

Pistachio crusted Salmon (10oz)

1 1/2 cup of Broccoli

Meal 2:

5 ounces Chicken with Almond flour crust (as well as spices)

2-3 baked Sweet potatoes with cinnamon

1 cup of strawberries

Meal 3: 

Baked Salmon (8 oz)

1 1/2 cup Spinach

Sunflower Seeds

1/4 Bell pepper

1 Carrot

1 banana

Day17

Meal 1:

3 Eggs Scrambled

Coconut Milk

1 cup Broccoli

Handful of Cashews

Meal 2:

1 can of Tuna

1 whole avocado

2 Tbs of jalapeno sauce (whole30 compliant)

3-4 baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon

Snack: coconut water (normally never have, but panicked about electrolytes when I got dizzy)

Meal 3:

1 can Tuna

1 whole avocado

2 Tbs jalapeno sauce

1/2 cup kimchi

3/4 cup broccoli

1/2 bell pepper

2 carrots

Today:

Meal 1:

4 eggs scrambled

Coconut Milk

1 cup Broccoli

1 Tbs of Jalapeno sauce

1 handful of cashews

I know it's not much variety, but the dizziness has me so scared to drive, I go home and avoid the store and end up eating what I have. But I do usually mix it up between fish, poultry, red meat, and eggs. I feel like I'm eating enough of the 3 categories, I usually fill my plate. 

Perhaps I'm not eating enough salt? I think the sweet potatoes and broccoli show that I don't have carb flu or anything like that so who knows?

Please help in any way! I can be quite the hypochondriac and I'm freaking out a little bit! Starting to get the shakes  :unsure:

Thank you!!

Sounds like you might be coming down with something  - perhaps a stomach bug - as your food looks good. Maybe see a doctor?

Thank you both very much! Both of your responses are very different, both wonderful suggestions. I will weigh each of them appropriately when it comes to an immediate course of action 

• 3 months later...

Hey SVM...I'm wondering how the rest of your Whole 30 went? I am at the end of day 12 and I have been experiencing everything you mentioned....not to the point of passing out, but still. I was Paleo for 2 years prior to this (the last few months since having major surgery, I was more so 90% than the 100% for most of the time) and I wasn't expecting to experience such effects from this but I really am. I am dizzy on and off, break out into sweats, have brain fog (which causes my anxiety to spike...and I have it very well under control...for about a year now with no medications), and I've been so so so tired! Let me know how the rest of yours went...I hope it was successful and than you're feeling great now!

Archived