Looking for support

cjm0014

I'm struggling with finding support at home with my husband and have no Options socially as we just moved to a new area and I have no friends (haha). Just as well as all my old friends we just moved from a crazy eaters and drinkers! I eat close to paleo, until a binge comes. I've struggled with bulimia and binge eating for years. I look "normal" and am on the low end of the healthy weight range for my height and age but I want more for myself. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar situation and wanted to be text/ online buddies. Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have any words of wisdom for you. You might want to search google " whole30 with eating disorders" or whatever you are looking for. This is the best way to search the forum. There are a lot of people in your situation and I am sure you can find lots of tips and support.

You may also want to search " whole30 alone" there was a great article about people who had a successful whole30 doing it alone. You might find some great tips there as we'll.

Good Luck!

Welcome to Whole30! My background isn't the same as yours but I've definitely fought the binge eating monster. You will find plenty of folks on here who can relate to your story. My suggestion is to start a log in the Your Whole 30 Log section of the forum when you are ready to start and to read other people's logs and respond to people. There is a great community here! Also as you are new in town think of this as an opportunity to make new friends who are like minded in wanting to get healthy. I've made lots of great friends through my gym personally. My husband doesn't eat the way I do but he does support me and my decisions. At the end of the day you need to do what is best for you and your health regardless of anyone else.

I have a question - if you've struggled with binges, do you follow that with compensatory starvation? I've done that. Here was my answer: stop the starving. Then you will most likely stop the binge eating.

This is very hard because you'll be terrified of gaining weight. You most likely will not, and if you do, it will be a tiny amount that no one else will see, and - most important - you'll lose that weight once your eating habits normalize. You are already on the 'low end' of normal, right?

Why not try it for a few days and see what happens? In fact, this is my problem, and that is what I'm going to do. So I can do it with you.

• 5 months later...

Hey I'm aware that you posted this a while ago but if you are still after a buddy that's going though the same situation as you then I would gladly like to..... I also have been struggling with bulimia and binge eating for a while now, but when I tell ppl they don't take me seriously as I am also on the lower weight range for my height. I have decided to start the whole30 tomorrow to try and reset my taste buds and stop this bad habit of binge eating, I need to do this for my 13mth old daughter as I don't want her growing up with a mum that has issues with food, I want her to look up to me, be proud of me but before she can I need to be proud of me!!! Anyways enough about me, I can't help you in regards the the binging as I also have the same problem lol but would love to help each other out if your keen :)

Archived