Cheap Date and Other Observations

AmyB

Well, after not consuming alcohol for 30 days, I have discovered that I am now a cheap date. And that I don't really like beer that much. And...I don't feel good. Will probably keep the occasional glass of wine, but skip the rest. Bring on the club soda!

I also partook in a bit of office treat that someone brought in (monkey bread - ugh, can we call it something else, please? like diabetes bread?) and now I feel even worse. That was a poor choice, especially since I brought plenty of primal food to eat today.

And finally, a rant (I have nowhere else to complain about this): I am a contractor for a large company, and there is a big United Way push going on right now. You may be familiar with this. ALL of our fundraising events are food-oriented, and it is making me crazy. There is not only a cupcake decorating contest, but a cupcake EATING contest!!! I mean, COME ON! And also, baked goods sales, a "Top Chef" type competition, pancake breakfast, etc. I am pretty detached from it and also have no say in the matter because I don't work directly for the company, but it still makes me insane. Why not a pushup contest?

Rant over...thanks for listening. :(

I deal with the same things where I work. Instead of saying, it starts with food, the motto is it's ran by food! We have a committee to honor outstanding employees and everything is about food. I have suggested a healthy picnic/cookout but no one is even the slightest bit interested. I am pretty much laughed at every time I mention it. I finally dropped off and told them I wasn't interested any longer. I know it's anti-social but I pretty much keep to myself. I keep a little cooler at my desk with my food in it and I don't go into the kitchen because there is absolutely nothing in there that I can eat that would measure up to standards.

I would like the push-up contest. I would win because I think I am the only one who can do a push-up! Hahaha. :lol:

Archived