crossfit?

Hi all,

I have been interested in trying crossfit for a while. The more reading I do, the more I get confused about whether it's good or bad for you. Can anyone help out? :)

I love it!  Personally, I feel that if your are training poorly (bad technique) any type of training can be bad.  As long as you learn the basics and maybe even do a functional movement screening to understand your personal areas of weak mobility; you should do fine.  Crossfit has been the best thing for my body and has also pushed me mentally as well to do things I never before felt capable.

Thanks :) I have always been in awe of it, the girls look sooo beautiful and powerful and I would love to be like that, but the idea of going scares the heck out of me!

• Moderators

I loved CrossFit for three years, but stopped participating after my third shoulder injury. I have particularly bad shoulders, so not everyone would have experienced injury the way I did, but the randomness of the workouts not only stopped me from making the kind of progress I wanted, but the uneven challenges and competition is a setup for pushing too hard on any particular day. 

Some of the people at CrossFit are beautiful, but not all of them. :) There is a place for everyone. 

• 1 month later...

Archived