Day 6 - headache, fatigue, distraction, general grumpiness/negative outlook. Normal?

I keep expecting myself to follow the general/sample timeline exactly and I notice myself thinking today "you are supposed to be done with the headache and the kill all the things-ishness."  Did/does anyone else have this at this point?  I am also noticing that I am having trouble articulating my thoughts and staying focused on things.  Like I'm not operating on all cylinders in my brain.

I am trying to just exist in it instead of trying to fix it (for example drinking a bunch of coffee seems like a great idea right now but I am committed to just having that morning cup and staying away from it in the afternoon).  But is there a healthy way to combat this, or do I just need to hang in there until it passes?

Thank you for your help.

Normal. It's just a guideline, we don't all follow the schedule. (I had recurrences of "Kill All the Things!" three weeks into my Whole30.) That said, you seem to be pretty much on track. The first week or two are usually marked by fogginess, fatigue, headaches, etc. to various degrees.

If you'd like to tweak your Whole30, write down a couple of days of your meals, sleep, water intake, and exercise. People here will be more than happy to chime in with suggestions.

Feeling the same things on Day 8 today.  So we are right on track with each other.  I am also trying to cut the coffee down to one cup as oppossed to 4-5 a day. 

I am hanging on to the idea that it took my body 3 years to create this awful habit of constant coffee, sugar rushes, and carbs, and little water intake.  So it wont take a week or 2 to fix it.  Right?  It just sucks and I guess thats why I have given up on so many "diets".  I like that this is a challenge and I can see already that I want to continue this after the 30 days are done! 

I agree with GlennR, start writing in everymeal...I do, and I get wonderful feedback.  However, it doesnt help with the physical withdrawal aspects of this..LOL  Keep it up!!!!!! 

I am on day 5 and I have felt fine, just a little tired. Except last night and today I have an awful headache!!! Besides that, I feel fine. My mood is better and despite the headache today I have had more energy... but this headache is killing me! It makes me want to stop! It is almost migraine level 😩

I am on day 5 and I have felt fine, just a little tired. Except last night and today I have an awful headache!!! Besides that, I feel fine. My mood is better and despite the headache today I have had more energy... but this headache is killing me! It makes me want to stop! It is almost migraine level

Ugh, sorry. Hang on, though. It should get better soon.

ODAAT,

I am on day 10 today and the headache is starting to ease up.  Although I am going to the chiropractor again also.  My extreme fatigue is fading.  Yesterday I was good.  A little tired but not the horrid feeling I have had. 

Anyone noticing a reduction in appetite?  Or a repulsion of certain foods?  I find one day the sight of veggies make me feel sick, and the next day veggies are fine but proteins are the problem.  Ughhhhh.  And NO I am not pregnant...lol.

Archived