It's about time - Day 1

Lagertha

I decided to post here to help me become accountable.  I have started and stopped the Whole30 a dozen times in the past 3 months and I'm fed up with myself. I did it successfully last summer and I felt so great; I don't know why I stopped. 

I woke up today in so much pain (like every day). I don't bother going to the doctor because she just says it is my weight (301 this am).  I'm tired of living on Motrin. I'm tired of feeling like garbage after every meal. I'm tired of the red, dry, flaky skin on my face.

Breakfast is my biggest issue because I wake up nauseous. It takes 2 - 3 hours before I can eat or drink anything.  

Going to hit the supermarket this morning and get myself ready to jump in. Breakfast today is asparagus & eggs cooked in coconut oil.

Have a great weekend!

Went on a last minute BBQ today but made it work for me.  We grilled veal cutlets and asparagus and had a side of cherry tomatoes with a little rice wine vinegar. I brought blueberries and almonds to snack on while I cooked.

Day 2

Woke up this morning in so much pain. My knees and hands are especially bothering me.  I think I will skip the painkillers today so I can remember why I am doing this. Didn't make it to the supermarket yesterday but will do that tonight. I am sure I have compliant food in the house and can make myself breakfast and lunch. 

I think tomorrow I will spend the day cooking for the week so that we can bring breakfast and lunch to work and that dinner is quick and easy since we both get home late.

Welcome back! I hope you can complete your whole30 andeven incorporate many of these changes after your whole30 is done. Keep it up! I'm on Day 8 and I don't know how but I have not given into temptation (I used ot be obssessed with candy). I went to the grocery store yesterday for just a carton of eggs, and was happy that by the time I got home the only thing I came back with were eggs!

You can do it! Cooking for the week i good too. Especially since you are in pain so much, lessening the work that you will have to do throughout the week is good. Good luck again and stay strong!

Thank you, Selichme! I'm considering extending the whole thing to a Whole90, hoping that maybe I needed more time to focus on how great I felt.  I'm a mood eater and I hit some stress and ran right into the ice cream wall! I let myself continue that downward spiral and here I am - in pain and 40lbs heavier.

This time around, the stress is just as bad but I am having a conversation with myself.  I am telling myself that I don't have control over anything that is happening right now, but I do have control over what I put in my mouth. And why would I want to put stuff in my mouth that is going to make me feel like crap?

Day 3

Shopped last night. Planning to spend the day cooking so that I have things ready for the week. Made scotch eggs and mayo this morning. Pain is keeping me from getting things done as quickly as I'd like but that's fine. I'll do what I can.

Day 4

Woke up in pain, but less than yesterday. 😄

Did some cooking yesterday, so I have breakfast and lunch ready. Have a plan for dinner as well so should be able to stick on plan today.

Dreamt about eating cookies last night. I ate them unconciously and was immediately mad at myself when I realized what I did because I would have to start over. Whole30 has invaded my sleep!

Woke up in less pain today. What a great feeling!

I am going to remember that tonight when I go to a networking event that is a chocolate tasting at MarieBelle! Talk about a test of my resolve!!

Today's plan...

B - scotch egg and steam sautéed kale

L - leftover grilled chicken, mashed cauliflower, and kale

D - five spice ribs from Well Fed and salad

While everyone around me is indulging in gourmet chocolate, I will think about how I feel right now and how much better tomorrow will be.

Hi Lagertha,

Sorry for the late response, I have been a busy bee. School + work = Lots of stress :P.

I'm so happy that you're experiencing less pain as a result of the Whole 30. Keep up the amazing work and keep thinking positive, you're doing great! I also have Well Fed/Well Fed 2 and it's such a great book. Before I started the Whole 30, I used to wonder if I would be able to find anything good to eat with such limited food choices. Now I find so many different choices. I think I will also be extending my Whole 30 because I love the way I feel and all the benefits I get from doing it (I actually sleep 8 hrs a day and wake up energized!)

Pinterest is a good way to find good Whole30 Meals to make. I've started pinning everything Whole30 and I've made sure that there is nothing on my board that is not Whole 30 approved so I don't get tempted.

I hope to hear more from you, how much progress you are experienceing and hopefully that your pain will be gone by the end of it. Take care.

Stephanie

Archived