Dairy sensitivity and home made ghee

LisaLulu

So my reintros pointed out dairy as my main culprit. I only ate ghee once during my whole 30, it didn't give me the same immune reaction, but I'm terrified to use it again because it's homemade and I wonder if I got all the proteins out.

Also the reason I would use it is I'm trying to come up with a dairy free/coconut free buttercream frosting recipe (non compliant obviously) for my daughter's birthday. I thought maybe I could use my regular recipe and sub ghee for the butter and almond milk for the cream? Do you think it would work?

• Moderators

I really don't want to be the rain on your birthday party, but we don't permit sharing of recipes for non-compliant foods on the Whole30 forum. There are lots of places on the internet where you can get information about Paleo desserts, but we try to keep the Whole30 forum clear of such discussion. 

People who are extremely sensitive to dairy are sometimes sensitive to ghee, even the commercially made varieties, but many people who have problems with milk, can eat ghee with no problems. Personally, I was not sure I was doing it right when I made clarified butter, so I ate my first batch and now just buy ghee from Pure Indian Foods. 

Archived