Week one and two amazing....week three is terrible

I'm on day 18 and for the past 3 days or so I have begun having stomach pains and headaches. Today I have a severe aversion to food (strawberries are the only thing I can eat without feeling strongly nauseated so I'm getting a few if those in as I type) I stand and feel so nauseous and light headed I rush back to the couch to lay down and wait for it to pass. The first 14/15 days were wonderful. I felt great, skin cleared up almost instantly even though I started w30 the day before my period started. I could tell a difference in my body composition and can still tell I'm evenly slimming out. All in all it's been a great experience to this point. Do some people have carb flu now instead of first? The only thing I can think that would cause this to happen now instead if earlier is that I have begun doing squats. 100 each day at night right before bed for the past Three nights. That's pretty much the only "working out" I do. Light housework most days and playing with my almost 2 year old. I feel like I'm missing something to make this stay away but I'm not sure. I start my days late (my little one and I love sleep and have the luxury of sleeping in) so meal one comes around 10 each day and then meal 2 doesn't come until about 4/5 so I rarely eat meal 3 since I don't want to eat before bed. So my meals usually go something like this

Meal 1- 2 eggs scrambled with red and green peppers onions garlic and spinach sauteed in olive, coconut oil or ghee. With some carrots and cucumbers on the side. Followed by a small piece if fruit if I want a little extra.

Meal 2 - I've made the deconstructed burger in ISWF a ton, with lits of lettuces extra tomatoes and onions and pickles with homemade mayo and some mustard.

I've been eating tuna salad, devilled eggs, lots of carrots and cucumbers, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, onions, shrimp, chicken occasionally, and that's what I lean on most days.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

That is definitely not enough food in my opinion. Three meals are essential. Have you looked at the meal template? I feel miserable without starchy veggies. Try adding some sweet potatoes, beets, turnips, etc in at least once a day.

Also....some people have a hard time digesting raw veggies. Raw carrots make me feel bloated and miserable (and not hungry!). Try cooking your veggies for a few days to see if that makes a difference.

My other thought....could you be coming down with something? Have you tried some soup? That might be easier to get down if you're sick.

• Moderators

You are probably not eating enough food. Two eggs is too little protein at breakfast. Your lunch is one burger with raw veggies? And then just two meals. You are not getting enough food. The veggies you are eating are among the lightest veggies. You probably need some starchy veggies like sweet potato, turnips, beets, plantains.

Your symptoms developed as you added exercise on top of your light menu. My guess is that you would feel better if you doubled what you are eating. You need to increase it by at least half. 

Study the meal planning template and start eating at least the minimum recommended amounts: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Archived