Day 13-Rocking it! but having intense foot pain

I am on day 13 and have done really well.  I have been able to be 100% compliant even with a family member in ICU and spending 15 hours at the hospital  I have passed up pizza, desserts and sugary caffeine drinks during this tough time.  I am very proud of my self.  I do know that on day 12 I had lost 8lbs which is a lot of me to lose.  Even following a very strict low calorie diet and running/weight lifting I would only lose about 6lbs a month.  I have more energy and I am loving it.

My only issue is that I am having foot issues. After standing on my feet for most of the time at the hospital I am having difficulty even walking on my feet.  I feel like I just cant recover.  My joints ache and its worse when I first wake.  Any advice?  Does this have to do with what I am eating? 

congrats on sticking with the whole30 during a tough time! 

Body aches aren't uncommon but they should resolve in the first couple weeks. Try to keep hydrated, and consider adding a magnesium supplement or epsom salt baths to help with that.

Also, I have to tell you that weighing yourself is not part of the whole30 program, in fact, it is not allowed at all during your 30 days, so put the scale away and try to focus on how you feel instead.

Thank you!  I will try the magnesium and Epson salt. 

It is the first time I weighed myself and I don't plan on doing so again until the 30 days are up.  I feel great....more energy.  I am just having a problem using the energy when it is very painful to walk!

Archived