Not much happening!!! Starting to get frustrated

Berny1665

Sooo... 1lbs loss after 9 days on the program. I haven't cheated ONCE! I do feel less bloated and my face has cleared but I was also hoping for some movement in the scale, I mean at least 2-3lbs.

I'm starting IVF at the end of the month and I was hoping I could lose 8-10 lbs before I started. The other reason for doing this was to prepare my body for the intense hormonal changes and the darn hormone injections.

Has anyone gone through this? How soon until I start seeing some changes in my scale?

Feelings down about this right now 😫

the scale is NOT PERMITTED at all during the whole30. Stop weighing yourself.

seriously.

This is a 30 day program, not a 9 day program. It takes time so see results and weighing yourself can actually prevent such results from happening. It's a little bit of the "a watched pot never boils" sort of thing: if you weigh yourself, you will doubt the program, your hunger cues, the amount you are eating or not eating. All of that doubt and stress prevents this from working.

Take a deep breath and trust the program for 21 more days. Follow the meal template at every meal, and let your stress levels and your hormones settle down and do the work of getting healthier.

Hey Berny1665, I was feeling the same way, like when am I going to start feeling better hello!?!?! My pants are actually tighter right now. and then I read this:

Whole30 tough love http://whole30.com/2...e30-tough-love/

It inspired me to stick with the program and reminded me that I signed up for a 30 day program. Not a 1 week program, not a 4 hour program, not a quick fix program. I was relieved when I read it. 

Try sharing your food for the day on one of these forums, I have found the feedback and support to be really helpful!

I thought I read somewhere that I could weight in at least once a week. Is that not the case?

No. There is no weighing or taking of body measurements at all on a Whole30. The idea is to focus on other successes as you change your relationship with food.

Thank you for the article, it helps to get some tough love. I haven't cheated at all. The only "bad" thing I've done is have two Lara bars in one day but I was running around and I didn't get a chance to pack any food, other than that I've been very strict.

As Libberation suggested, feel free to post 2-3 days worth of your food log, along with daily water intake, nightly hours of sleep and any exercise you're doing in the Troubleshooting section. Folks here can give you feedback as to whether you're on the right track, including possible tweaks.

Archived