Started on June 7

Sparky7303

I'm tired of toting around my post-menopausal 45 lbs. The last straw was when my doctor put me on statins for my cholesterol which was always perfect my whole life. It's time to take drastic action and this sounds valid. Just finished my fourth day and not too bad. My biggest challenge is the cooking as I work one full time and one part time job! 

@Sparky.....

I finished my first Whole30 last Tuesday and I have to say that I feel really good!

What I found easiest is to have a prep day if you can fit it in (mine is Sunday) when I try to prepare alot of things that I can just grab for lunch or dinner depending on the situation.

This saves alot of time and headaches or at least it did for me.

If you like eggs, boil a few and put them in the fridge.... make your homemade mayo and you have egg salad.... put it in a lettuce wrap and a simple meal in a pinch.

I did not get to fancy and tried to keep it simple. I did try a few things that turned out well and a few things that I did not like.

Good luck and Day 30 will be here before you know it!  ;)

I started on June 7th also. Its been going great till today!  i've had no withdrawal symptoms like a headache, brain, fog, being tired.  But today I woke up and wanted to kill all things!! Any noise that comes out of my children is driving me insane.  I've had to just smile and leave the room.  

I don't think I've been overly grumpy lately (DH hasn't said anything, maybe he's scared? LOL) but I have been tired.

Despite getting 7+ hours of sleep at night (which is a lot for me) yesterday I fell asleep on the couch for another 2 hours. It wasn't a solid two, I kept drifting in and out as the cats would take turns sleeping on me, but I felt more rested after that than when I first woke up.

Looking forward to that burst of energy at some point.

We are having a mini heat/ humidity wave here and I think that is what is sapping my energy. Plus the A/C at work is not working so we are all sweating buckets as we work. I'm drinking 2 litres of water just at work plus another 1-2 litres at home. Needless to say, I visit the ladies room a lot LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Archived