Compliant Coconut Milk in San Diego area

Are you looking in the Asian food aisle? You want canned coconut milk.

Trader Joe's makes a light coconut milk and coconut cream: last I checked, both were compliant. (I personally hugely prefer the coconut cream: yum.)

Whole Foods' 365 brand of coconut milk, last time I checked, was compliant.

Thanks folks! I was just looking for the boxed versions but all brands I camw across had Carrageenan it it, which is a nono for Whole30, correct. I was not though looking down the Asian aisles if these stores so I'll definitely do that. Should I be looking for canned instead of boxed? Thanks again!

Thanks folks! I was just looking for the boxed versions but all brands I camw across had Carrageenan it it, which is a nono for Whole30, correct. I was not though looking down the Asian aisles if these stores so I'll definitely do that. Should I be looking for canned instead of boxed? Thanks again!

Canned is your best bet for finding compliant coconut milk in a physical store. Just watch out for potassium metabisulfite as an ingredient, which would make it non compliant.

And yes, carrageenan is off limits on a Whole30.

• 4 weeks later...

Boxed Aroy-d coconut milk is compliant but I get it from amazon. There is an Asian market in Escondido on E Valley Parkway that may have it. I need to check it out.

HELP! I bought the Aroy-D milk from Amazon in the 33.8 oz box. I want to mainly use for my morning cofee, but the sticker on the side of the box reads: "Once opened shelf life is max 2 days in refrigerator." Is this true? Two days?? If so, suggestions on storage when I'm only using a little per day?

Thanks!

No it will last longer but it does go bad in about a week. I think you will have to make some spicy Thai coconut soup. Another option might be to freeze it in an ice cube tray, then add one ice cube per cup of coffee. I have not tried this so It may not work but you could try freezing one or two cubes first to see how it goes. Enjoy!

I've frozen coconut milk in ice cube trays and it works great for things like marinades/batters, though I haven't tried it in coffee (I drink mine black). Worth a shot, especially if you've already bought it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived