Egg free breakfast ideas? Please help!

Kristin D

I completed my W30 on June 30th, and I found being compliant was easy so I'm sticking with it for a while longer. My problem is that I believe I developed an egg intolerance because I ate 2 every single day for breakfast. I wasn't having any issues until ~D28. I tried sausage (wasn't 100% compliant so I need to find another brand) yesterday & today instead and did not get the cramping that I had experienced or the 4 or 5 days prior. My plan is to eliminate eggs for a few weeks and then try to bring them back for occasional consumption (I have my own laying hens so I really hate to not reap the benefits)!!!

Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a way to sub eggs in recipes? I'd like to make the breakfast meatloaf that I saw posted but not sure if it would hold together without the eggs.

• Moderators

Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a way to sub eggs in recipes? I'd like to make the breakfast meatloaf that I saw posted but not sure if it would hold together without the eggs.

I'm not sure exactly what recipe you want to make, so I'm not sure if this is very similar, but it doesn't use any eggs:  http://paleomg.com/summer-breakfast-meatloaf/   -- I'm sure you could substitute ingredients pretty easily. I haven't actually tried this one, I just remembered seeing it at some point.  You could also sub some other ground meat for the sausage, if you can't find compliant sausage, you'd probably just need to up the amount of seasonings some. 

I'd like a little more variety than I've currently been eating so hoping to get good recipe ideas, especially ones that can be made ahead. The eggs were just a really simple and quick no-prep go to meal. I really don't have time in the mornings to full on cook so I was hoping someone would tell me that they made the meatloaf without eggs at all or maybe used compliant tomato paste or something to hold the loaf together.

Archived