Mom with special needs kids starting 7/24 T-minus 1 week!

joannlovelee

I am a 39 year old mother of 3 children, two of which have special needs, who also takes care of her mother all while working full time as a human services trainer and, oh by the way, am starting back to school to get my master's degree on September 5th of this year.  I started making life changes to my diet and fitness back in March of this year by joining a 10 week fitness program called Ferrell's extreme bodyshaping and successfully completed that program with less than stellar results...BUT I completed it!!!!  I began seeing a nutritionist, got a personal trainer 3 days a week, logging food on myfitness pal and got a fitbit flex band to aid in keeping track of all my changes. I was beginning to get a little down when the weight still seems to be hanging around and my energy level is still zapped (not that it shouldn't be...see list of responsibilities above) when I couple from my church told me about the Whole30.  This is where my story begins today with my commitment to 30 days.  I would be lying if I wasn't a little worried about my ability to self sabotage and my knee jerk tendency to react to the slightest bit of stress with my ol friend and therapist...FOOD! But with God and my strong desire to FEEL good no GREAT for the first time since I can remember, I am on my way!

Congratulations! You can do it! Don't be too hard on yourself. If you are stressed and eat a pound of macadamia nuts, don't jump off the wagon into chocolate cake. Even though the nuts are not the best idea you would still have been compliant, the chocolate cake would be cause for a restart. I have seen many people accidentally eat sugar label themselves a failure and jumps head first into a dozen donuts. If they had taken a breath and thought about it accidental sugar doesn't call for a restart. I have never done a whole30 perfectly but I have done all of them with compliant foods. Not all of us have dramatic results on the whole30. You might want to be aware of all your successes like sleep, energy, etc and not just weight loss. I did not lose one pound on my whole30s.

I have two children with severe ADHD secondary to fetal alcohol syndrome.  They have been paleo since September, for the most part, unless my husband sabotages their diet.  Will your children be doing the diet, too?

Archived