Not Hungry?

I am on Day 7 and I feel fantastic. However, I'm having some trouble with hunger. I have no appetite. I'm eating, but I don't think I'm eating enough. I have been writing down my foods for the last couple days and I'm lucky if I can hit past 1,000 calories! I make sure I eat breakfast lunch and dinner. What am I doing wrong? What can I do? Thanks!

First we would advice against counting calories as it can be counter productive.

Are you following the meal template for all your meals?

Can you post a few days of your food log so we can give you tweeks?

Generally we would advice you to eat a minimum template meal 3 times a day even if you are not hungry. Hunger cues can be seriously messed up for a while.

I try not to count calories. But I wanted to log the food, and the app I use automatically adds the calories in it. Yes, I'm trying to use the template. :-)  Here are the last 2 days...

Breakfast: 2 egg, egg salad (made with paleo mayo), 2 cups zucchini, 1 Tbsp Coconut oil

Lunch: Salad with lots of veggies and 6 ounces of salmon, olive oil, Balsamic vin.

Dinner: 6 oz tilapia, a small amount of sweet potatoes with ghee and cinnamon. 

Breakfast: 1 cup Watermelon, 2 scrambled eggs, guacamole

Lunch: 5 ounces ground beef, 2 cups broccoli, a couple baby carrots and green pepper strips

Dinner: Almond Butter Chicken, just chicken with almond butter and some veggies. 

Thank you so much!

When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand. For most folks, that 3-4 eggs.  Given that, I'd up your eggs at breakfast.

Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate. I'm referring to your day 2 breakfast where you had the watermelon.  Have the eggs, guac, and 1-3 cups of veggies before you have fruit.

Make sure all your meals get 1-3 cups of veggies. Overall, that aspect looks good, but wasn't sure on your dinner meals.

Ok, thank you very much. I have very small hands and can only fit 2 eggs, but I will up them up to 3. :-) I'm trying to eat about one serving of fruit a day. I have been eating a lot of veggies, enough to where I can barely fit any of my protein in me. Should I eat the protein first, then the veggies until I'm full? Should I eat even when I'm not hungry? I read the book, but it was several months ago... 

thanks again!

Should I eat the protein first, then the veggies until I'm full? Should I eat even when I'm not hungry? I read the book, but it was several months ago... 

thanks again!

Work your way around the plate. Take a bite of protein, a bite of veggies, mix in the fat. Repeat until full. Have a mini-meal if you need to, to at least eat three times a day.

Archived