Dianka25's Whole30

dianka25

Day 2-

I just found this log today so I am starting a day late...  excited to have a place to log my experience!

Mood- Still excited and motivated by the newness of this program- I've been looking at success blogs online (I love the before and after pics!) to keep up the motivation.  I originally found this program info online and then went out and bought the book.  Very helpful!  I like the recipes.  I feel the crabbiness kicking in at the end of Day 2!

Food- I chose to start this program on a Monday after a busy weekend so I have not had as much time to prep as I would like.  Next week I will definitely plan better.  I've had to stop at the store each day after work and then cook dinner which takes up a lot of time.  For tomorrow I prepped some slow cooker chili which will help (and give me some leftovers)!  Thanks to pinterest for the recipe!  I am trying to not dwell on what I CANT have.  Honestly there are plenty of meals that I cook regularly that would work with this diet with some minor modifications.  And it's summer so throwing some meat and veggies on the grill is easy.  But man I could go for some ice cream!

I'm surprised at how hungry I am already!  I ate 3 decent meals today- no snacks as recommended and plenty of protein.  The mid afternoon slump at work and the evening after dinner times are the hardest.

Body- I'm already feeling a bit constipated so hopefully things will improve tomorrow.  I did manage to go for a 30 minute walk today after dinner even though I felt exhausted.  I have been on a good routine of exercising 4-5 times a week so I hope I can keep that up. 

28 Days to Go!

D

• Moderators

I'm surprised at how hungry I am already!  I ate 3 decent meals today- no snacks as recommended and plenty of protein.  The mid afternoon slump at work and the evening after dinner times are the hardest.

Hello!

I just wanted to say -- while it's recommended not to snack, if you're truly hungry (you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), it's okay to have a mini-meal of at least protein and fat. Don't have a snack of just fruit or just nuts, and don't have more food just because you're bored, but there's no reason for you to be hungry.  

Day 3

Overall mood: :)

B- 2 eggs scrambled, 1 slice bacon (compliant I think), 1/2 cup blueberries, small handful almonds, 1 coffee with coconut milk

L- Kale and Sausage Bake leftovers (from dinner last night), apple, 1 Tbl almond butter

D- Chili (no beans, no packaged chili seasoning, organic grass fed beef)

Feeling pretty good today considering I woke up at 5 and worked almost 12 hours.  Did not have the energy to workout when I got home though- my goal is to workout tomorrow for sure!  I maybe went a bit overboard with the 2 servings of fruit today, but it tasted soo good!  I think my taste buds are changing already because fruit has never tasted so sweet!  I will have to check out some non-egg breakfast recipes because I am getting sick of eggs. I felt pretty satisfied all morning after that breakfast though- probably the biggest breakfast I've eaten in a long time!  I still had early afternoon cravings but not as bad as yesterday- it's so obvious that stress at work makes me want a sweet treat.  I continue to feel the bloating decreasing, but no BM in a couple days is preventing me from enjoying it.  :angry: Oh well, exercising tomorrow will help move things along.  28 days to go!

Day 4

Overall mood: -_-

B- 1 cup mixed greens, i hardboiled egg, small handful pumpkin seeds, 1/2 avocado, olive oil, 1 cup of coffee with coconut milk

L- Chili leftovers, 1 apple, 1 Tbl almond butter.

1 homemade pickle

D- Thai curry Master recipe (from the book) with chicken and cauliflower (delicious!)

Pretty good day today even though I worked over 10 hours again.  No energy to do yoga as I wanted after work :angry: . Instead I'm planning a relaxing detox bath with epsom salt and lavendar oil.  :)

Cravings did not seem as bad today, although I was so busy at work maybe I just didn't have time to think about it. Granted I ate a lot today so maybe that was it.  Felt a bit more belly bloat today (maybe from the apples?) but I did have some bathroom action so yay for that!  Will try to cut the apples out tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. 

Feeling bummed about tomorrow (Friday) since my hubby and I usually go out to eat and have a few drinks that day... luckily my hubby works late so I will be able to have dinner at home and avoid the temptation.

More than halfway done with week 1!

D

Day 5

Overall mood :D  (it's Friday, so that helps!)

B- 2 hard boiled eggs, homemade pickle

Snack- Lara Bar (cashew coconut), 1 cup coffee (black with cinnamon)

L- Thai chicken/cauliflower leftovers, 1 cup grapes, 1/2 cucumber

D- Thai chicken/cauliflower leftovers (AGAIN), 1/2 avocado, homemade pickle

A lot more energy today- although it was a lot easier day at work (I even left early!), so that may have helped.  I even considered going without coffee this morning, but then mid morning I caved and had some.  Black with the cinnamon wasn't as bitter tasting as I thought!  No big cravings, although someone brought homemade cookies to work and I was oogling them longingly.  Had my first LaraBar splurge... can't buy too many of those- they could get addicting!

Exercise- I mowed the lawn AND finally did my yoga (Tara Stiles Yoga for Weight Loss)- feeling very accomplished! B)

I'm spending the evening surfing for more recipes for next week (exciting Friday night, I know).  The goal of getting the first week under my belt should keep me motivated over this weekend.  Hopefully the worst is behind me!

D

• Moderators

Yay for more energy!

If you haven't seen it, I suggest checking out this thread on what a serving of eggs looks like -- really, it's a lot more food than most of us are used to eating if we're used to counting calories. And I know that you were having some digestive stuff that may have made you not feel like eating as much, so that's understandable. It's just more reference going forward.

And if you're still looking for non-egg breakfasts, there are lots of threads in the forum about that. Here's one, but if you google Whole30 no egg breakfast you should find more.

Day 6
Overall mood :)

B- 1 egg, 2 slices bacon, zucchini/onion/tomato stew thing I made yesterday

L- cucumber, pickle, 1 tsp almond butter (bad I know), coffee (black with cinnamon)

D- Paleo Guacamole Burger(find recipe here: http://paleomagazine.com/paleo-guacamole-burger-recipe/) with Sweet Potato Fries (http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2010/10/sweet-potato-fries/) and I used this guacamole recipe (http://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/four-seasons-secret-guacamole-ole/)

Slept in today and had plenty of energy to clean the house.  Feel a tiny big congested with a slight headache and a little sore from yesterday's yoga, but otherwise good.  I think I overdid it a bit with that dinner (boy was it delicious!!)- I definitely felt like I was cheating with those sweet potato fries.  :unsure: Wanted a margartia REALLY BAD, but settled for seltzer water with lime juice instead.

This was the first time I made homemade sweet potato fries and I was shocked at how well they turned out!  I would take those over a hamburger bun any day!  My hubby was also happy with this meal (although he added a pretzel bun to his burger). 

Not much exercise today except for cleaning the house (it counts ladies!) and a 30 minute slight walk after dinner.  I got a Fitbit Flex today so that will help we get motivated to move more in general.  I used to have  Fitbit Force which I liked a lot, but then I got that skin irritation thing from it that a lot of people were getting, so I sent it back for a refund.  Hopefully that doesn't happen with the Flex- it's thinner and supposedly the material is slightly different, so we will see. 

My sleep has been pretty good- although I have been having multiple dreams that I cheated on the diet!  Usually in my dream it kinda happens on accident, like I have a drink or eat a cookie before I remember that I'm not supposed to.  All I remember is how disappointed in myself I feel in the dream, and it's definitely enough to keep me motivated in real life!  I did miss having a peanut square today, which I usually splurged on during the weekend.  But it's empowering NOT to have it, and I'm not even really having cravings for it, just missing the fun relaxing "weekend" feeling it brought.  Ahh emotional eating is alive and well.

Can't wait for tomorrow- my last day of week 1!!

D

Yay for more energy!

If you haven't seen it, I suggest checking out this thread on what a serving of eggs looks like -- really, it's a lot more food than most of us are used to eating if we're used to counting calories. And I know that you were having some digestive stuff that may have made you not feel like eating as much, so that's understandable. It's just more reference going forward.

And if you're still looking for non-egg breakfasts, there are lots of threads in the forum about that. Here's one, but if you google Whole30 no egg breakfast you should find more.

Thanks for sharing Shannon- the thread about the egg serving is really eye opening!!  My goal for next week is definitely to get my protein portion more in line- I think I am under what I should be sometimes.  Thanks!

Day 7

Overall mood: meh

B- about 1 cup berries with coconut flakes, flaxseed, cinnamon and a splash of coconut milk. Coffee (black with cinnamon)

L- paleo burger with guacamole (leftovers, minus the egg this time), zucchini tomato stew thing, pickle

D- hardboiled egg

Exercise- 3 mile run/walk

Steps- 14472 (courtesy of my fitbit flex!)

I have mixed feelings about today. It started out well, I was happy to not have eggs for breakfast and felt good. However after breakfast hubby and I went to the store to do some grocery shopping for the week and I felt like crap. I really thought I may pass out- just really out of it and blah. Once we got home and I sat down for a while and drank some water I was ok. I don't think it was low blood sugar since I had just eaten- maybe a little dehydration? I did have two cups of coffee...

Other than that today was good. Because of timing of a late lunch, I didn't really eat dinner (bad I know). The egg was after my workout, an then we went to a movie and I didn't want to eat anything late at night after that. There is a bar at the movie theater where we always go but... only seltzer and lime for me! Honestly I usually drink vodka or gin and tonics so it isn't that far off... I can almost pretend it's a cocktail!

Embarrassed to say dreams last night were About food again- me eating a snickernoodle cookie?!? Well I kinda feel like I had one now so I guess it's a win win... although I wonder if my insulin spiked overnight? Haha.

Yay to week 1 being done! Almost a quarter of the way there!!

D

I know you were feeling sick of eggs but there is a happy mid point between a load of eggs and berries+coconut milk, that's more of a breakfast side dish than your actual emal so it's no surprise thaat your bombed soon after. Your whole days eating does not amount to enough food at all.

Print out & laminate/put in plastic sleeve the template and stick it on your fridge/kitchen cupboard as a reminder to follow it every meal, it really is the key to a happy & succesful W30.
Well done on a week in the bank, onwards & upwards :)

Day 8

Overall mood -_-  (That means sleepy!)

B- Ground Turkey, Sweet Potato, Onion, Dried Cranberries and Macademia Nut Hash  http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2012/08/ground-turkey-sweet-potato-and-onions-with-dried-cranberries-and-macadamia-nuts/

L- 2 hardboiled eggs, Zucchini stew (zucchini, tomato, onion), and Lara Bar

D- 1 Chicken breast (pan fried) with salt and pepper, oven roasted carrots with thyme, veggie salad (tomato, pickle, cucumber, onion with olive oil and salt/pepper)

Mind- Mentally hitting a low point today.  Worried that I will end this diet having lost no weight (I know that's not the main point, but I can't help but be hopeful about great results).  Trying to pep talk myself out of it.  I read the Whole30 Troubleshooting Forum, which didn't help, because everyone just talks about how they only lost 1 lb, blah blah.  I think the fact that I wasn't feeling the greatest made me want to give up and have a big sugary carb high.  As the day has gone on, I have felt better.  I think I really messed myself up with yesterday's diet choices- trying to do better today.  Lethargy and brain fog seem to have hit me now instead of day 2 or 3.  PS I appreciate the feedback from others- I do have the meal template on my fridge but sometimes it's just hard to pull off.

Body-  Feel ok.  Not really bloated, but not exactly light as a feather either.  Sluggish.  I did not exercise today, and my step count was awful (less than 6000).  My plan is to get to bed asap to get a good night sleep and start again tomorrow.  My hubby is going to Packers training camp for the night so I will have time to exercise and then take a detox epsom salt bath (goal!). 

Two more days and I'm a 1/3 done!

D

Day 9

Overall mood: :) Yay!

B- Ground Turkey leftovers (the recipe gave me three servings), black coffee with cinnamon

L- Spinach salad with baked salmon, brussel sprouts, 1 cup berries

Snack- apple wiht 1 Tbl almond butter

D- Curried Cream of Broccoli soup with 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken

Exercise- 30 day shred Jillian Michael workout video

Steps- 10558

Mind- Feeling great today!  Night and day difference from yesterday.  I don't know if it was the diet, relaxing last night, or sleep (or all of the above), but I feel like a million bucks and very motivated. :D

Body- Plenty of energy today.  I was a bit tired after work and REALLY didn't want to work out, but I made myself do it (and I'm glad I did!).  I still feel like my muscles get fatigued and achy faster than they did before- not sure if I need more of something in my diet?  Also, I was stumped as to what I should eat pre-workout (the guide says no carb, no fat, easily digestable protein... what would that be??) so I didn't eat anything, bad I know.  I had the apple and almond butter after the workout (also wrong, I know).  I will read up more about pre/post workout snacks tonite.  Also, I was horrified to see how little I walk at work!!  I barely got over 10,000 steps today and that was WITH a walk over my lunch break.  I told my office partner I am walking every day during lunch now and she is bringing her walking shoes to join me tomorrow ;)

Day 10 tomorrow!!

D

Day 10

B- The last of the Ground Turkey leftovers (just made another batch!), 1 cup black coffee with cinnamon

L- Curried Broccoli soup with shredded chicken leftovers, pickle

D- 2 fried eggs and 3 slices bacon (compliant I think), veggie salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, onion pickle with evoo and salt/pepper- about 1 cup).

Steps- 12679

Mind- Feeling good today.  I'm at the 1/3 mark- yoohoo!  Trying not to be too judgy about where I am in the process.  Like my clothes maybe aren't really feeling looser yet, but I know I am doing good things for my body regardless, so I am trying not to dwell on it.  Taking comfort in the fact that a lot of people see more changes toward the latter part of the 30 days.  I'm also *considering* extending my Whole30 days to Sept 29th, which is when we go on a trip to Disney :D .  I will definitely not be maintaining this for that trip, but if I can do it up until we leave that would be awesome.  We will see how I feel about that in 20 days!!

Body- Feeling ok.  Walked during lunch and after dinner, otherwise no exercise :mellow: .  A little gassy, if you must know (could it be the soup?).  But I felt like I had good, consistent energy throughout today.  No mid afternoon slump! 

D

Day 11

Overall mood -_-

B- Ground Turkey recipe leftovers again, 1 cup coffee black with cinn

L- Leftover Curry Broccoli soup with about 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup mixed berries

Snack- 1 Tbl almond butter

D- Summer Squash Meatball Casserole (delicious!)

Exercise- Bike ride (goal 10 miles- after I write this post), 30 min walk during lunch break

Steps- 8749 (so far)

Mind- Cravings are coming back a bit (probably as the weekend gets closer).  I also feel like this week is draaaaging.  I want to get to the halfway point already!  I altnerate between feeling like I could do this forever and wishing it would end.

Body- Tired after work- I know my lunch was pretty week, and that's probably why.  Otherwise good energy all day.  I'm going for a bike ride after I finish this (although I really don't feel like it).  No aches and pains but feeling a little bit consipated (TMI).  Makes me wish I could eat some grains to bulk up the BMs!  What do people do for this problem? 

D

Day 12

Overall mood :mellow:

B- Ground Turkey recipe leftovers, coffee

L- Meatball/Zucchini leftovers, 1/2 cup berries

D- Crock Pot Mocha Pot Roast with cauliflower mash and parsley (meat was disappointing- think I overcooked it).

Steps- 10661

Mind- Terrible day at work made me want to gorge on something bad when I got home.  Willpower won over though, and I just ate my dinner and drank lots of water.  Feeling slightly discouraged because although I initially felt like I was losing some weight, lately I don't feel much progress.  I'm at the halfway point and want to see results!!  I browsed through some of the success stories in the forum and got some motivation back :)

Body- Nothing really new.  I still feel like my muscles get achy really fast.  Even going up a few flights of stairs my legs burn.  I was going to go for a run after work but was too tired.  I did walk during lunch and vacuum when I got home but not really anything else for exercise :angry: Tomorrow is Saturday so I plan to sleep in and then get a really good workout in.  Also it was really hard to get up this morning even though I got about 7 hours of sleep.  Maybe the week is just wearing on me...

Lucky 13 tomorrow!

D

Day 13

Overall mood: :)

B/L (I woke up really late): 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon, shredded zucchini cooked in bacon fat (about 1 cup), Coffee black with cinn

S- Apple and 1 Tbl almond butter

D- Grilled chicken thigh skewers (marinated in balsamic vinegar and spices)- 1 skewer, about 1 thigh, grilled veggies (red onion, mushroom, peppers) -- marinated in olive oil and spices- about 2 cups cooked.

S-  1/2 cup blueberries and small handful (less than 10) almonds

Exercise- 30 minute walk

Mind- Feeling good today.  Not to give TMI but Aunt Flo came to visit, which may explain why I haven't been feeling as energetic and svelt lately.  The explanation helps me stay motivated. 

It is Saturday and I feel the discouraging part of this diet is how much you realize activites are linked with food/drink (at least for me, apparently).  As the hubby and I discussed evening plans, many things seemed less exciting knowing how restricted I am.  Going to the county fair or dinner and a movie did not seem as appealing.  It makes me look forward to finishing the 30 days, when I plan to allow for a "cheat" day once weekly to enjoy these types of things.  At the same time, I feel wary about a "cheat" day, because I know it's basically supporting the same sort of relationship with food, only in a restricted manner.  Is that good or bad?  Should I get to the point where I don't even care about having a cocktail or a less than perfectly healthy food?  We ended up staying home and grilling out and watching a movie, but I know I am going to want to go out eventually too! 

On the up side, I am really appreciating how not hungry I feel.  I am usually only hungry right before a mealtime, and aside from a few cravings here and there, no issues during the day at all.  This is so unlike any other "diet" I have been on.  I am definitely learning about how eating the right kind of foods (ie protein and fat, not just carrot sticks all the time!), can keep you full and make it SO much easier to look the other way when faced with temptation. 

Body- Very achy today.  I dragged myself out for a walk, even though it's very hot here today.  Aunt Flo symptoms have got me down for sure.  I was craving a snack after dinner so I settled for the fruit and nuts.  Not too happy about myself for today's eating.  I know I really should have had the third meal instead of all the snacking, but I just couldn't fit it in.  Although I'm proud for staying strong as my hubby ate a plate full of chips with melted cheese and a beer!  I see the value of how restrictive this diet is in that you cannot even allow yourself a bite or a sip, and that helps me avoid temptation altogether.

My sister's birthday is tomorow and I am a bit apprehensive about that.. no bday cake for me :o .  But luckily my family knows I am doing this so I know the food should be compliant.  We will see...

D

Day 14

Overall Mood: :)

B/L- 2 eggs, leftover curried broccoli soup (about 1 cup), 1 cup coffee, black with cinn (woke up late)

D- Beef pot roast, roasted carrots with thyme, tomato/cucumber/pickle/onion salad with olive oil/salt/pepper, 1 cup mixed fruit (berries, cherries, papaya)

Exercise- 30 min jog/walk

Mood- Felt really good today mentally.  Met with the fam for my sister's birthday, and had a great time.  My mom cooked compliant food, and didn't even have a cake so I wouldn't be tempted- my sister got a cupcake and everyone else had fruit with whipped cream (I just had fruit).  I'm happy and I don't even feel like I missed out on anything!  I can't believe tomorrow is the halfway point... it feels like it's been longer and shorter than that at the same time.  I managed to plan out next week's meals and we went shopping on the way home, so I feel accomplished and mentally set for the week. ;)

Body- Felt good today overall.  I was not very hungry this morning and basically choked down breakfast.  I felt a bit out of it early in the day (a little dizzy, lethargic), but as the day went on I felt better.  I woke up about 1030 ended up eating breakfast/lunch around 1130 and dinner about 5.  The timing seems ok but since I missed a meal and didn't eat right away when I woke up, maybe my body was lacking something.  When we got home I went for a late night jog which felt awesome.  Glad I had the energy for that.  Unfortunately did not eat a pre or post WO meal, either.  I just can't eat this much!! 

Halfway point tomorrow!

D

Day 15 YESSSS

Overall mood :D

B- 2 eggs, green pepper, 2 cups coffee, black with cinnamon

L- Zucchini and Meatball leftovers

D- Grilled hamburger (Grass fed) with fried egg and guacamole, sweet potato fries (baked, homemade), 1/2 cup papaya with unsweetened shredded coconut

Mood- Feeling SO happy that I am halfway done!  This point seemed so far away when I first started. 

Body- Didn't exercise today, so I'm trying not to beat myself up over that.  Also feel like between the sweet potato fries and fruit I went a little carb crazy.  Craving some fiber to get things moving... Energy was pretty good although when I got home I was really tired for an hour or so.  I woke up at 530 this morning and got less than 6 hours of sleep, so that may have something to do with it!  Oh well, off to bed now to catch up on my sleep!

D

Day 16

B- Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash, 1 cup black coffee, cinnamon

L- Leftover grilled veggies (peppers, mushrooms, onions), leftover grilled chicken thighs, apple

D- Mahi Mahi with Roasted Green Beans (I used snapper instead of mahi mahi)

Exercise- 30 walk after dinner

Steps- 11289

Mind- No issues today with food.  Had a terrible day at work, but I didn't really feel any cravings.  :D

Body- Ok.  Between cooking dinner and doing homework after work, I really didn't make time for working out- I managed to squeeze in a walk after dinner with the hubby.  I have noticed that I seem to have less energy for working out in the last couple weeks.  Feeling a little bloaty today too.  Maybe from the apple?  Normally coffee has a laxative effect for me, but it has not done a thing lately.  :( Hopefully the walk will help!

Day 17

Overall mood :P

B- Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato hash leftovers

L- Leftover hamburger, guacamole, sweet potato fries

D- Taco Salad (seasoned grass fed beef, lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives, cilantro)

Exercise-none. 

Steps 9123

Long day at work today- just enough time to crawl home and sink into a nice relaxing bath!  Loved the taco salad we had for dinner- it's amazing how even with NO salsa, NO cheese, NO tortilla chips, and NO preservative filled seasoning packet, it was awesome!  They threw a party at work for someone leaving and I sat amidst cheesecake and brownies and did not even blink an eye as I ate my lunch.  Yay willpower!

D

Day 18

Overall mood :wacko:

B- Ground Turkey & Sweet Potato Hash leftovers, black coffee with cinnamon

L- Leftover roasted green beans, leftover grilled chicken thigh, apple, about 2 tsp almond butter

D- 1/2 chicken breast, pan fried in ghee, seasoned with salt and pepper with Roasted brussel sprouts and leeks

No exercise.

Terrible day at work today.  I have to admit the thought "I could use a drink when I get home" crossed my mind, but otherwise no food or drink cravings to speak of.  I feel like my mind set is so different than it's ever been because I KNOW I can't have the treats I would want.  Not even a bite.  It really does make it easy.  Also, the fact that I'm never starving helps, too.  However I was so tired (mentally more than physically) after work today that I didn't workout.  Bad bad. 

TGIF tomorrow

D

Day 19

Yay Friday!

B- Ground Turkey/ Sweet Potato leftovers

L- Paleo Taco Salad leftovers, apple

D- Lettuce, spinach, red onion, carrot, celery, pan fried chicken portion, crumbled bacon, vinegarette (vinegar, lemon juice, evoo)

Kombucha- Synergy brand, Gingerberry

Better day at work today.  When I got home my hubby really wanted to order pizza.  I told him he could, we have plenty of leftovers I could eat.  But he didn't want to torture me that way so we made salads instead.  When he mentioned pizza I did feel a twinge of "i could really go for that", but not too bad.  I know I would have been fine if he had ordered it.  I still feel like I could go for a Friday night margarita, but I don't dwell on it.  I am starting to read through the Post Whole30 part of the book to prepare for coming off the plan.  I can't believe tomorrow is day 20!

D

Day 20

Posting this one late- decided to go to bed early last night :D

B- Omelet with 2 eggs, handful spinach, mushrooms, and green peppers, coffee black with cinnamon/nutmeg/chili powder

L- 1 Tbl almond butter, 1 apple, handful blueberries and raspberries

D- Two Spicy Tuna Cakes, 2 pickles

Exercise- Fat Burning Pilates DVD

Mood- Yay so happy it's Day 20!  Ten more days ago- I can hardly believe it.  I dreamt last night that I "cheated" after Day 30 and did not follow the Reintroduction Protocol outlined in the book.  I **really** want to do the reintro the right way to see how my body reacts to dairy, grain, gluten,etc.  I am going on Vaca to Disney (yay!) on Sept 29, so I I figure I can spend all of September getting used to how my body reacts to individual food groups without bombarding it with all sorts of theme park goodies.  Overall feeling pumped to finish out these last 10 days strong!  It's Saturday and I felt super productive... went shopping, cleaned the house, worked out... I had energy to do it all. 

Body- Finally exercised today so I am proud of myself.  I made it through the DVD, but I did feel more tired than the last time I did this particular work out a month or so ago.  My leg muscles also ached a lot during the workout.  I suppose I should attribute this to not eating enough today??  That part is frustrating because I am waiting for this boost in performance that everyone keeps talking about.  I had plenty of energy all day though, and I must say I do not miss the mid day slumps.  For those just starting out, I say stay with it because you will get toward the last 1/3 of the 30 days and realize that you do feel really good- it's almost a subtle change (at least it has been for me since I didn't have major withdrawal symptoms), but significant.  Also, all my bloat is gone and I feel great.  I did not try on any clothes at the store today because I didn't want to be discouraged in case I didn't fit into a size I expected though.  I think that's the important concept behind not weighing yourself during the Whole30- it could be really discouraging and make you give up if you don't see some magical number you expect.  It really is about the process. 

D

Day 21

B- 2 Spicy Tuna cakes, about 1 cup packed spinach, shredded carrots with lemon juice, 1 cup halfcaf coffee, black

S- 1 Tbl almond butter

L- about 1 cup raspberries/blueberries with about 2 Tbl canned coconut milk, small handful coconut flakes, cinnamon

D- Crisy Carnitas (about 1 cup shredded pork), Thyme roasted carrots

Exercise- none really... mowed the lawn if that counts

Feeling good today.  Slept in late again so my meal timing was a bit off.  I probably didn't even need a lunch but dinner took long in the slow cooker and we didn't eat until after 8 so I needed something to tide me over.  Pretty sore from yesterday's workout so I took an Epsom Salt bath.  Made out my meal plan for this week and went shopping so again I'm all set for my last full week of Whole30!

D

Day 22

Overall mood :mellow:

B- Paleo Porridge (2 eggs, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 TBl coconut flour, salt, cinnamon). 1/2 cup berries, 1 TBl flax seed, 1 cup coffee

L- Leftover pan fried chicken breast, leftover brussel sprouts/leeks

S- Lara Bar

D- Chicken Piccata (recipe from Everyday Paleo) with Zucchini Noodles

Mood- Feel ok today.  Sensing that the end is near (8 days!), but I'm trying to stay focused to finish strong.  Beginning of the work week so I'm bummed about that. 

Body- Woke up pretty easily this AM, but I hit a slump mid afternoon! boo- haven't done that in a while.  Had to have a Lara Bar to tide be over.  I still feel like I may be coming down with a cold or something so that's what I attribute it to.  I avoided my usual Sweet Potato Hash for breakfast because I'm trying to cut back on the starches, but maybe I need a little for carb in the morning.  Also debating if I should try to do a break from eggs after my Whole30 is done.  I know it's a highly reactive food for many people... Goal to get to sleep early today- but gotta watch the Emmys first!  No workout today, and I'm still a but sore from Saturday's workout. 

D

Archived