August 18th Bring it on!

Jensmith2010

Hi everyone,

Starting on Monday (8/18). Cleaning out my kitchen and going shopping this weekend. I think the hardest parts will be giving up coffee (I refuse to drink it black), cooking during the week (I don't get home til 6pm and after putting my son to bed, it's 8pm before I can cook or eat) and remembering to pack food for work. I'm trying to get some of my firends to do this with me but haven't had much luck. Best of luck to everyone in their Whole30 adventure and I look forward to a healthier way of life!

Jen

I was a coffee fiend.  One pot and 1 1/2 cups of cream aday.  I did that for 14 years.

I started here with 2 cups with 2 teaspoons of macadamia nut oil and nutmeg.   I've went down to 1 small cup and sometimes I dump 3/4 of it out.     I've went 76 days without a drop of cream in my coffee.  The milk sugars were doing me in, seriously.

I know you can.  

Hello Ladies,

My name is Keturah and my friend Stacey and I are starting the 18th as well. I suffer from Type 2 diabetes. I am a single mom of 3 and in the near future a bride-to-be. My goals are to be healthy, off of my medicines (metformin and glymperzide) and not a fat/unhealthy bride.

I'm starting on Monday too!! I started my research last week and going shopping tomorrow and starting prep on Sunday.  I'm excited to make my own mayo because I love chicken salad on a salad. I'm ready.

I've been debating giving up caffeine all together or just sticking with plain green tea with mint.  Any opinions??

Starting on August 18 will put me 2 weeks in before my school year starts.  I starting my second year of teaching.  I'm changing from pk to 1st.  It will be stressful but I'm hoping the Whole 30 will assist in keeping me centered. 

Good luck everyone!!

Hi everyone!

I'm starting my first Whole 30 on August 18th as well!  I've done my shopping, and some prep, and will finish the prep today.  

I've never liked the taste of coffee, but I may try it with some coconut milk if I can find some at the store.

Excited to 'meet' others who are starting with me, and will be sharing the journey!!

Hi,

I am restarting after getting to day 12 and having a glass of wine when my husband and I went to a big birthday bash. Even though I have to start over, I feel really excited and even more committed than before. For instance I sort of "cheated" last time by weighing myself a few times. I think I was feeling like I was gaining weight and I wanted to check to be sure. I was also eating way too many nuts and goji berries while technically compliant, doesn't really fit the meal or snack template.

Looking forward to getting support on this forum!!

Susan

I started my 2nd whole 30 on the 18th as well. It was exactly 30 days until my birthday so I figured I would be done in time for cake :)

I'm finding the second round much easier, I know what to eat this time to make myself feel full and also last time I wasn't able to eat potatoes so that's a huge help!!!

I also decided to double whammy the challenge- I also gave up my facebook account for 30 days at the same time. I can't believe how much free time I have already!

Archived