Day 8...not sleeping or exercising frantastically

frantastic

So, today started day 8. Still doing well from a food standpoint but I'm not able to fall asleep, and I still feel like a zombie in the morning. The sleeping part was something that REALLY attracted me to W30. And when I read other people's posts it seems like their lamb-like sleep started really quickly.

Additionally, I am struggling during exercise. My legs feel completely dead and my head is a bit spacy (not so good for tennis!). In yoga class yesterday I had leg fatigue (specifically in my calf muscles, of all places) when I normally don't. I had read some topics on the forum related to exercise and did incorporate a starchy veg in my meal the evening before activity and then for the meal afterwards.

Are these connected? In your W30 is this something I'm doing/not doing?

Feedback welcomed and appreciated!

I don't feel particularly sluggish when I'm awake :)

It's the getting to be awake that is an issue. And the falling asleep. And the staying asleep.

And I love the timeline. I read it everyday (but my brain turned the "kill all the things" into "eat all the things" - over the weekend I was feeling kind of stabby but not towards people...I just wanted to stab food with my fork and put it in my mouth)

so...it's now day 12 (yay!!). I am still EXHAUSTED. I can barely get out of bed in the morning. Today I'm struggling to be alert. I just want to crawl in bed and go to sleep.

I know that I may not have all the dramatic effects noted in the timeline because I was already gluten and dairy free. But I'm feeling more than a little discouraged by this fatigue.

Can you post a couple of days worth of meals and let others take a look at it?  Sometimes we miss the really obvious things, like getting enough protein or fat.  And we've all been conditioned to limit those things for so many years, that what we see as "a lot" may still not be sufficient by W30 standards.

Sure - here's a sampling...

Wednesday:

Meal 1: 

4 eggs, scrambled, cooked in ghee

salad of chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and spinach

Meal 2:

turkey bolognaise (all compliant) with zoodles

fruit (I don't remember if I had an apple or a nectarine)

mini-meal - 1 chicken/apple sausage

Meal 3:

chicken breast, sweet potato, and Brussels sprouts(with ghee)

Thursday:

Meal 1: 

4 eggs, scrambled, cooked in ghee

cucumber slices

Meal 2:

shrimp

large salad with mixed greens and spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers

dressing - ACV and olive oil

nectarine

Mini meal: cucumber slices and turkey tenderloin

Meal 3:

Turkey tenderloin, baked sweet potato, broccoli (ghee)

Today:

Meal 1:

2 chicken and apple sausages, cucumber and tomato salad with ACV

Meal 2:

shrimp

sweet potato

spinach

apple

Your Meal #1s are totally lacking in fat.  Cooking fat doesn't really count, as much of it stays behind in the pan.  Try adding 1/2 an avocado to the salad, or a dollop of mayo or dressing. 

You don't indicate how much of the proteins you are consuming, so I am assuming one palm.  Remember, the template is the minimum amount you need to have per meal.  If you exercise frequently or vigorously, you may have to double your protein and/or fat.

I'm not a particularly active person and I find my body just needs more protein per meal or I am sluggish and foggy all day.  It just sounds to me like you are not eating enough for your activity level.

Archived