Debating starting another whole 30

I'm not sure this is the right spot for this, but I'm considering another whole 30 now that I have some of my health issues under control. I did my first whole 30 almost exactly 2 years ago and minimal results from it was what made me go to the doctor to determine any underlying issues. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, a genetic mutation, and lack of ability to absorb nutrients effectively. I've made some progress after a long road and now I want to see if the whole 30 could give me that jump start I need to really feel better. One of the things I'm concerned about is removing raw milk kefir because it gives me relief from inflammation due to fibromyalgia. I also am struggling with my perspective given that nothing I do seems to really help. Which is a crappy attitude and i realize I need to turn that thinking around... Just seems easier said than done at the moment. I found great benefits in some ways when I did the last whole 30, like clear thinking and better sleep .

Also, I get leg cramps and the only thing that seems to help is a glass of raw milk daily.

Giving up the dairy isn't a problem, but I need to find an alternative that doesn't make my symptoms worse by not having the nutrients in the dairy.

Missi

• Moderators

I found an article that makes a variety of suggestions on food therapy treatments for leg cramps that includes a variety of Whole30-compliant foods. Implementing a variety of the ideas should make sure you get all the nutrients you need. 

http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/remedy-for-leg-cramps/

Thank you for the link. I do eat many of the foods suggested regularly but for whatever reason, raw dairy has been my only "cure" for the leg cramps. I might try some liquid magnesium for a few days to see if that will get me through a whole 30. I appreciate the help

Archived