Were you able to reduce the frequency of colds?

kirdyq

I am starting my first Whole30 on Sept 1.  The reason I am starting is to get healthy.  I get frequent sore throats and colds each year.  I am lucky if I go a month without one.  Sometimes I get them 2x a month.

Has anybody had any success reducing these types of things?  I'd love to hear your story!  I am currently sitting here feeling crummy with body aches and the starts of a sore throat, so it would be music to my ears. :)

Well - I never got frequents colds - usually 1 good one (that stuck around) a season.  Each year they stuck around longer.  Summer colds were always the worst.  Hot humid weather (which I dislike intensely) partnered with a head that feeling like a large heavy, inflated balloon?  Yeah.  fun.

I haven't had a full blown cold in maybe a year and a half?  Maybe longer?  Yes I have woken up to symptoms of a cold, so yes I could tell I fighting something but it never actually fully bloomed into a cold.

I used to get sick (cold/flu) maybe 2x/year. Did a W30 last summer, have been fairly compliant since then, and I don't think I've been sick once in the last year (and I have school-age children, and am constant contact with lots of little ones at work... so I've probably been exposed to just about everything that circulates).

Keep your tonsils :) and let us know how your W30 goes! Best of luck ...

Archived