egg intolerance

LisaLulu

My daughter and I both have a severe egg intolerance. It's so bad that we start throwing up the instant and egg touches our mouth. But I've heard that the allergen is in the white, not the yolk so I'm wondering if we might be fine eating yolks. I always hear about how cheap and healthy eggs are, especially the yolks but I'm afraid to try!

I thought as much. But I was thinking maybe I could start buying eggs and making hard boiled eggs for my husband and younger daughter to save money. My eldest and I retch when eggs are cooking but if they are being boiled there wouldn't be any smell. At the very least I could send them in my husband's lunch un-cracked.

I am allergic to eggs as well. When I first starting reacting to them (my first time trying after 8 years of being vegan!), I could tolerate the yolks, but then I started reacting to those as well. It's true that allergies are usually a reaction to the proteins in food, but the yolks do still contain protein, almost as much as the whites (according to the almighty Google ;) ). It's risky to test it, but that risk is your own!

Archived