Now I see why it's called riding your own bike!

LisaLulu

Finished my 2nd whole 30 on the 16th and decided reintro I would just indulge when something came up. The next day was my birthday... I had a cupcake, then back on the horse. On the weekend we had a joint family birthday party and I had a non compliant meal with dessert. Then yesterday I decided to treat myself to my favorite food (pizza) thinking I would be on plan until at least Saturday (when I'm going to a wedding). But then today at the last second we had a big birthday dinner for my mother in law at her place and I had another non compliant meal complete with dessert. And despite the fact that I had already celebrated (with food!) twice in the past 8 days, plus had pizza yesterday, I let myself enjoy that meal and not feel bad about it. Because sometimes these moments happen when we aren't expecting them, and close together, and that's okay. I completely enjoyed tonight.

That makes me so happy to read - thank you! It's so easy to get caught up in the dietary dogma and get "all-or-nothing" about it, and to think that it's NEVER okay to off-road. But this is LIFE, dammit, and it's more stressful sometimes to try and make "good" choices than to go with the flow and just ENJOY! It's good to know that there are people like yourself who are sane around food. So again, thank you :D

Archived