Off the Rails!

Oh holy cats, yesterday was an epic FAIL! We had 3 birthdays and 3 anniversaries in the office. I even planned ahead and made a no surgar gluten free blueberry cobbler from Practical Paleo (the office was going to have a sundae bar to celebrate, so I figured this would be a nice compliment and something safe for me to eat).

I ate 3 pieces of Kringle (if you aren't from around Wisconsin, this is sort of like a danish pastry thing), a big piece of pinapple that had been dipped in white and milk chocolate, and then I had my cobbler with canned whipped cream on top.

Ok, so fast forward to today and my workout this morning. I'm MAD! I mean crazy mad like I want to throw stuff. I appologized to my trainer and said that I think it's all because I ate so poorly yesterday.

Oh man, sugar is definitely NOT my friend. I had posted that when I ended my W30 I had a snickers martini and felt depressed the next day. After yesterday's experience with some white flour and sugar I am now pretty sure it's sugar related as far as my mood swings.

HELLO! anyone who has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder I would bet you probably have a sugar sensitivity too! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oh well, live and learn and I surely learned a lesson.

I'm thinking of trying to W30 the sugar sensitivity plan in Practical paleo next.

Sorry you feel so bad today, sounds like sugar has no place in your life even more so than the rest of us...

Just think of it as something you don't do, like...I dunno..heroin! Extreme I know but if it makes you feel this bad you just need to never have it.

Hope the effects wear off soon.

Have you considered cutting it out completely? I kind of look at it like an allergy. I can't have dairy and gluten. So why do I need sugar? I am OK with a little fruit here or there but anything else just doesn't work for me. It's just not worth the crappy feelings, the stress and the way I feel after eating it. It's pretty much an addiction for me like drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.

Have you considered cutting it out completely? I kind of look at it like an allergy. I can't have dairy and gluten. So why do I need sugar? I am OK with a little fruit here or there but anything else just doesn't work for me. It's just not worth the crappy feelings, the stress and the way I feel after eating it. It's pretty much an addiction for me like drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.

Yup, it's definitely a sensitvity/allergy kind of thing. I just keep thinking, MAN...this explains like ALL of High School. LOL. Now I just have to adjust my thinking. I'm considering doing the Sugar Sensitivity 30 day plan out of Practical Paleo next. I'd like to figure out if this is just white sugar, or if I will also have issues with honey, molases, agave (I've actually never used agave nectar but that doesn't mean that I might not be sensitive to it as well).

So glad to hear your honesty....dust yourself off and keep going forward. Learn from it what you can and just keep it up! Doesn't matter how many times you have to start over as long as you don't give up. Each day I have to recommit to my health and happiness and remind myself why i'm doing this....maybe try the same thing?

Keep it up

Archived