Start Oct 1st | second day: how is everyone doing so far?

Iris van Breda

Hey Guys,

How is everyone doing, did you all survive the first day? I meal planned day 1 and 2, so I don't think I will have a hard time today. But I guess I need to start planning for the coming days, when things get real hard and "the hangover" kicks in.

Hey Iris!

I'm on day 4 and all going really well. Didn't feel like I was 'surviving' anything, just cooking slightly different food! The biggest change for me is breakfast, being a porridge kind of girl! And no milk in coffee, that I miss, coconut coffee is starting to not sit well in my stomach!

I planned the whole week in advance and shopped online for the food (except all the stuff like coconut flour and oil which our supermarket didn't carry) so I feel like I can easily stick to it - except on Saturday I have to go to a babyshower at a restaurant, and I have volunteered (ages ago) to make maracons, argh! So baking with a load of sugar is going to be tricky, but I will get housemates to taste-test for me!

I hope you don't have too much of a hangover - I have not experienced anything really (yet, fingers crossed for the next few days!)

Anna

Hi all,

Yesterday was Day 1 for me and it went well.  The hardest thing for me yesterday was no soda.  I expect the caffeine-withdrawal headache any day now.  I am also checking into a new CrossFit box today.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Kerri

I messed up on Day 1 yesterday. I realized (after drinking it) that my tea contained soy. I even knew some of the teas form this company had soy, but I mistakenly assumed this one was safe. Rats! Good lesson on always reading your labels! If there's an upside though, it's that it happened on Day 1 and not Day 29. :ph34r:

I've got a shoulder injury which hurt a lot, so I'm on a lot of pain medication right now, I guess the ingredients of the pills aren't very whole30 proof... Because of the pain, the pills and the start of my period I'm not sure im feeling lethargic because of the day 2 "hangover" or it's just a combination of everything else...

On day 3 here! I miss cookies. I loveeeeee sugar. I hope that my cravings will start to go away!! But overall, feeling pretty good. I don't love to cook so this is a transition for me but I find the foods are much more filling and satisfying. I like that if I am hungry, I eat - just a sweet potato or banana instead of delicious, yummy chocolate chip cookies... haha :) Hope you are all doing well! 

Started the program on Oct. 1.  I already ate pretty healthy but wanted to loose some extra weight.  All is going good so far.  I'm am not really missing anything special.  Learning to read labels and making sure there is no sugar in all those hidden places is a challenge but I can do it.  Did not realize how much sugar is in everything.  Good luck everyone.  We can do this!!

Archived