Do I have to start over?

JRidel

I posted this in the ladies only section also, so I'll just c&p here for more advice...

I started Whole30 on Wednesday October 22nd. I was doing good for the first 4 days, then on day 4, I started feeling awful. I guess I didn't realize (or was in denial) that it was normal to feel the way I was feeling, so I threw in the towel. I thought Whole30 wasn't meant for me.

At lunch on Sunday the 26th I had a bite of my husband's potato skins with cheese. I felt instantly sick. So I didn't eat anymore. At dinner I had a bowl of homemade meat sauce (no added sugar) with whole grain pasta. Again, I felt sick. I had a few chocolate covered raisins, again, sick. I decided on Monday that I'd start Whole30 again on Wednesday. I was more prepared, I understood more that it was normal and I was mad at myself for giving up already. I didn't eat very different in those days "off", just the above mentioned cheats.

My question is, should I have started over? I feel like the frustration of being "behind" is getting to me. I'd be on day 10 right now if I hadn't stopped, but instead, I'm on day 3 and I feel like the previous attempt was a failed attempt. If that makes sense. I feel like I know the answer to this... 

Yes you were correct to start over, BUT don't look at the first few days as a "failed attempt" but rather a "practice run".

I was afraid of that  :( It's just super frustrating! I wasn't far into my first round, so that's a plus! 

Archived