Going to a wedding!

My husband and I are on day 18 - going strong! But we didn't realize when we started that his cousin's wedding was on day 25. So close to the finish! I am definitely staying on-program (don't know about my husband!), but I do not want to make someone else's day about me. I'm planning on eating before the wedding, packing secret W30 snacks, and eating afterwards. I feel fine about not eating dessert and not drinking (I don't drink anyway). But I've been trying to figure out, when I get there, what's the etiquette if I'm served a fully non-compliant meal? It's a sit-down dinner at a country club. I just don't want to be a brat and turn down a perfectly good meal that my husband's cousin and his wife paid for, nor do I want to subject them to preference-related questions before the wedding (I will not ask the bride, "can I get mine made in olive oil instead of butter?"). What's the polite thing to do? 

Since it is at a Country Club, I'm pretty sure you already know what's going to be on the menu.  The wedding invitations normally give you two options for your RSVP.   If it's prime rib and baked potato, salad, you are good to go.

Chicken Marsala...maybe.  If you have a good idea your husband is going to eat his meal, he can probably take some from your plate, too.   He'll probably be hungry.  :rolleyes: 

Thanks, guys. :-) The invites actually didn't say anything about the meal, so I'm not sure! His cousin's fiancee is Italian and apparently loves food, so I'm assuming there is going to be pasta. My husband did just tell me that he is going to eat whatever is there, so I will probably eat whatever I can and give the off-plan stuff to him. We will have to head out of there around 8 anyway because our son will be about ready for bed, so with some planning, I can just eat on our drive home (it's a long one!).

I recently went to a wedding and asked the server if there was butter on the asparagus saying, "I can't have dairy." She brought the chef out and he insisted on preparing me another meal. When I eat out, I like to think of myself as allergic to non-compliant foods. Chefs are used to catering to people's needs when they have allergies. My suggestion: Call the venue and see about getting a special meal. People with allergies have to do this. You can too!!

Archived