What I think is a noncompliant recipe...

CaitlinI

I found one on Stalkerville today, is this where I should post it? The barbecue sauce has vanilla. I was actually excited because she posts a recipe for homemade vanilla which I thought might be compliant, but then along with it a photo of a large bottle of vodka!

Here's the link 

http://stalkerville.net/recipe/bbq-pulled-pork-homemade-bbq-sauce/

I feel so day 22 for catching this, I hope I'm right!  :)

• Administrators

Wow, it's a LOT of clicking to get to the part about the vanilla.  Basically she says in response to one of the comments that when making the Date Paste that would contain the vanilla, that you can either leave out the vanilla or sub in vanilla powder.

I'd be sure to check your labels for the "liquid smoke" as well as the Dijon & fish sauce as they can contain non compliant ingredients. Other than that, I think this recipe looks good.

• Moderators

To report recipes on Stalkerville, underneath each recipe picture on the main page there's a bunch of icons -- click on the eye, and it'll take you to the page for that recipe (not the blog where it's posted, but the Stalkerville page) -- on that page, there's a Flag-It button. Click on that and it will have a place to say what's wrong with the recipe, explain that it shouldn't be tagged Whole30 because of the vanilla extract. Every time I've done this, I've gotten a response in a couple of days. I think you do have to join Stalkerville to do it and provide an email address. 

(Do make sure you're in the Whole30 section, though, or double check that it is really tagged Whole30. I reported one once because I thought I was in the Whole30 section, and there were pancakes or something, and it turned out I had gotten out of that section and it wasn't really tagged Whole30 at all.)

Archived