I'm so sick !

Okay so I just caught a virus from people at work and I'm so ill: migraine, nausea, stomach pain, feel like vomiting. Every time I think of food it makes me queasy but of course the things that would make me feel better are not compliant. I live alone and do not have the strength or energy to make anything let alone go out to the store to find a compliant broth. I don't know what to do. I'm only one week away from finishing and I would be so disappointed to mess it up now but the only broth I have at home has cane sugar and I'm sure without even looking at the box Lipton soup would not be compliant. I really just want to order something. Help!

Get a sweet potato.  Cut it in half.  Stick it in the microwave for 5 minutes with a bit of water.  Eat as much of it as you can.

Scramble some eggs to eat if you feel you can stomach them.

Drink some mint or ginger tea.  If you have ginger root - grate a thumbsized piece, add some lemon, apple cider vinegar, add hot water let it steep, then drain it out and drink.  I will stick a piece of pineapple along with it to steep too just to add some sweetness.  A dried date will work too.  But just pull it out after. My MIL will also add a bay leaf.

I am a long term migraine sufferer.  They usually come with loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting.  The above are my go to's if I don't have homemade bone broth in the house.  The ginger settles the stomach like no-bodies business.  The sweet potato is easy for the stomach to digest.  No sweet potato? Squash or pumpkin will do well as well.

Best of luck and I hope you are feeling better soon

Okay we'll make shift something then.

Start with a tsp of ginger powder, 1 tbsp. of ACV and a squeeze of half a lime.  Dried date if you want.  Add hot water.  Let it steep 5 - 10 minutes.  Fish the date out and drink.  It won't be the most tastiest of drinks but it should help settle the stomach.

Archived