Complete lack of appetite

saharni

I need some help! This is my first Whole30, and I have really been enjoying it so far. I usually eat a pretty healthy diet and make the majority of my meals from scratch (my family calls me a foody; I say I just like knowing what is in my food) so starting the program wasn't an issue, and I seemed to have blown through the first stages of the diet pretty quickly.

I am on Day 12, and for the past three days or so I have had little or no appetite at all. I just can't bring myself to eat (which is COMPLETELY abnormal for me), and with the exception of some fresh fruit. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?? Is this normal on this diet?? Help!!

I had this issue but for me I was also not feeling well for other reasons on top of it. I completed two whole 30's with just a few days of not wanting to eat at times but on my third round I had the issue from day 1 and did not complete it because of this and other issues. I went thru day 12. I was ill and on antibiotics and had a lot of extra stress including my dad being in the hospital and me there with him.

I do plan to return to the 30 at some point in the future. I am looking forward to following this topic as I am interested in if others have struggled with this and what solutions they found.

I wish it was just food boredom, but I know it's not. I made a simple (and compliant!) version of my favorite soup last night (sopa de ajo), which I haven't had in months, and I could barely finish half of it.

It helps that someone else has had this problem! Not encouraging that something else could be causing this lack of appetite, but I will give it a few more days to make sure it isn't something else causing this. Thank you!

I'm on day 9 and I'm having the same problem.  I just don't feel like eating.  I've eaten a lot of eggs, chicken and fish so far.  And I honestly feel like if I eat one more piece of chicken or another egg I will get sick!  Throughout the nine days I've felt full.  It is almost too much so I cut back.  I feel like I can only eat so many veggies after eating them three times a day!  And I work out so I'm also eating pre workout and post workout.  I'm hoping it gets better as I'll be having something different tomorrow... turkey!  I've only tried a couple of simple recipes since I started.  And I think that may be part of the problem.  I'm not much of a cook so I don't like to do a lot of recipes.  I do hope it gets better for you!

Archived