Needing advice

Ok so I had recently posted earlier on what I should eat bc I'm sick and I didn't have the energy to cook anything. Well I'm still sick and not feeling good at all. I only have 4 days left on the whole 30 but I will not be doing reintroductions since I end right before thanksgiving. I don't want to quit but I can't help but think that the things I'm missing from my diet like grains could really be helping my stomach pains due to me being ill. That and orange juice. I don't know what to do. I hardly have an appetite so unfortunately my meal template has been off the past few days. If I were to just forgo the plan a few days early I know it would have to be for a good reason and to speed up my recovery. Need someone's expert help here.

• Moderators

Grains will not make you better and they have the potential to make things worse. I love orange juice, but eating a whole orange would do you more good.

I've gotten to where I want Paleo food when I am sick. Here is my favorite when feeling bad:

http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2010/12/hot-thai-chicken-with-broccoli-and-cauliflower/

Ari, I haven't actually been sick while on Whole30, but I did have a 36 hr migraine near the beginning.  Pain, nausea, and just feeling horrible.  I wanted all my old comfort foods, from crackers to settle my stomach, to sweet tea for the sugar and caffeine.  I just kept telling myself that those things really don't DO anything physical to help with the pain/nausea...they're just psychological "crutches" that cause more problems in the long run.

If you're having stomach pains, orange juice is really not what you should be drinking.  If you don't have much of an appetite, don't force yourself to eat, either.  A few days of reduced intake while you're recovering shouldn't hurt you.  As for what TO eat...pick your favorite Whole30 compliant foods.  What about a few bites of baked sweet potato? Do you feel well enough to make soup?  I made some sausage toscana soup today and it's very good!

I'm not an expert, but I really don't think going off Whole30 will make you better any faster.  I know it's especially difficult to NOT fall into old habits when you're not feeling well, but really, food can't fix an illness.

Thank you both and thanks even more for confirming what I was also thinking but my old habits made it difficult to confirm. I was just thinking about just eating a whole orange. Do you think vitamin C pills would help too? I've been eating potatoes but am quickly getting sick of them. That, along with broth. But I will take a look at the resource provided. I just want to get better so fast that I would have done almost anything including going to the majorities' "go to" which probably isn't all that healthy to begin with.

Archived