When you remove food guilt.......

Andreabgm

I am headed into Week 4 of my Whole30 and honestly feel like iIcan do this forever.  So many other programs I have been on have been so restrictive of fats, that just being able to have olive oil, ghee, avocado, etc. feels like a treat every day. Not to mention bacon, compliant sausage.....

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone else shared this thought:  I don't know about you, but so often i find myself waking up in the morning thinking guiltily about what I ate the day before or even in advance of what I know I will eat that day.  Goes along the lines of  "oh right, those 3 glasses of wine last night.  That half loaf of bread... I KNOW I have to get myself under control but there is Thanksgiving, Christmas, July 4th (insert any holiday or random day here.")

I find that when I am eating in such a wonderful way as I am now, that guilt is GONE.  It is a huge relief--it's like something is missing every day--something very negative.  I honestly feel room in my brain for enjoying many other things now. 

Does this make sense to anyone?

Happy holidays to all.

Hi Andrea,

I completely empathize with the guilt feeling... One of the main reasons for me to start the Whole30 is to get away from that guilty. I would give out to myself all the time for what I had the night before, or for breakfast and then spiral downwards and say "ok, I'm going to clean up my act on Monday (or as you said, insert random day here)

Unfortunately, I'm struggling through Day6 of my first Whole30 and am still struggling with the emotions/physical symptoms and have been so tempted to just "go again" at a later stage. Especially with Thanksgiving coming up! But now, after reading your reflection on guilt and that horrible feeling of never being happy with what I have eaten, or worrying about what I may potentially eat that day, I think i've a new sense of motivation to keep going!

Thanks! Another few weeks until freedom!! 

I am headed into Week 4 of my Whole30 and honestly feel like iIcan do this forever.  So many other programs I have been on have been so restrictive of fats, that just being able to have olive oil, ghee, avocado, etc. feels like a treat every day. Not to mention bacon, compliant sausage.....

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone else shared this thought:  I don't know about you, but so often i find myself waking up in the morning thinking guiltily about what I ate the day before or even in advance of what I know I will eat that day.  Goes along the lines of  "oh right, those 3 glasses of wine last night.  That half loaf of bread... I KNOW I have to get myself under control but there is Thanksgiving, Christmas, July 4th (insert any holiday or random day here.")

I find that when I am eating in such a wonderful way as I am now, that guilt is GONE.  It is a huge relief--it's like something is missing every day--something very negative.  I honestly feel room in my brain for enjoying many other things now. 

Does this make sense to anyone?

Happy holidays to all.

Right back at ya.

I think you are experiencing....

HDhut.blogspot.com+(15).jpg

Hi Andrea,

I completely empathize with the guilt feeling... One of the main reasons for me to start the Whole30 is to get away from that guilty. I would give out to myself all the time for what I had the night before, or for breakfast and then spiral downwards and say "ok, I'm going to clean up my act on Monday (or as you said, insert random day here)

Unfortunately, I'm struggling through Day6 of my first Whole30 and am still struggling with the emotions/physical symptoms and have been so tempted to just "go again" at a later stage. Especially with Thanksgiving coming up! But now, after reading your reflection on guilt and that horrible feeling of never being happy with what I have eaten, or worrying about what I may potentially eat that day, I think i've a new sense of motivation to keep going!

Thanks! Another few weeks until freedom!!

Hi Sinead! Keep going! I'm 1.5 years into Whole30/whole9/paleo, and I've learned that this program definitely gives you freedom from food control. Check out my success story here, http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/20213-living-whole-for-a-whole-year/

I talk about it more there.

Keep at it!

Archived