Conni's crusade

connistock

Today is my 7th day of the Whole 30! One week clean diet. It is truly unbelieveable! I want to begin my exercise class I purchased for my first week reward! I want to continue to strive for more budget minded selections. I want to make 2 new recipes this week (#WellFed) and I want to be leaner! Goal this week no snacks and less fruit. Thanks for the opportunity to post! Good luck to everyone!

Conni - welcome aboard! What a great idea to reward yourself weekly. Celebrating every success is so important and helps to keep us motivated.

On the doctor visit, I would suggest that you just tell them you do not want to weigh because you are currently involved in a personal health challenge that requires you not weigh for a month. I am sure they will understand and respect your wishes.

Best of luck!

Faith

Thanks Faith, that helped! I did make it to the Dr. office and quickly pronounced that I will need to forego weighing. Talking about an great ice breaker.... The responses from total strangers .... "me either", "can you do that?", "WHY ?". Started a #WHOLE30 discussion and finally ended when I was called back to WEIGH! They silently accommodated my wishes... By asking me to close my eyes, got on scale and they wrote down the information with a post-it note that said... Do not discuss weight or numbers! No mention of weight and had the most fun EVER at my doctor's office.

I think we will have more join us.... Including my Doctor who was curious. ;)

Feel stronger because of it and the supportive interest... Day 9! Here we go....

Just posted my analogy on another post.... Liked it so I wanted to repost it here on my Crusade page... Football fan?

If so, you will understand this imagery... I see everyday like it is my own football match... I am the manager and I must have RIGHT formation, the BEST possible players I can afford, and I must trusted to do my job to the BEST of my ability so I can BEAT ManU, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Tottenham so I can be BACK in the Champions League!

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Laymans terms... Whole30!

Whoo Hoo... Day 13! I could not feel better. I actually got a compliment from a friend that I have not seen in a while. Felt good but in my mind I am still thinking one day at a time and what will I do after my W30 is over... W60? I am spending more money that I budgeted. I will be more mindful about what I am buying for the week. Gave myself my 1 week reward yesterday... I purchased Crossfit Intro class for a month and my new Zwilling 12" skillet! Somehow it made my tilapia taste better :P and made me want to cook more! 2nd week reward will be to purchase the 10" skillet and some compression shorts for my first Crossfit session.. Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 am... Anyone know about how long a session lasts? I must be at work by 8:30 and a little concerned I will not care about work and just want to stay at Crossfit! Looking forward to this week! Good luck to all... love the Whole 30 newsletters... great support and thought.

Day 14! Ok... went to @wholeFoods and was shocked by the the ingredients that I found in the foods. I felt I might as well have been in any other grocery store.

I went for a treat to myself and came out disappointed and not really craving but being tempted by food the appears on the outside to be W30. Best example: Garlic Onion Pistachios: Ingredients- Dry Roasted Pistachios, sea salt, Spices (?), Garlic, Onion, Fructose, Paprika, Turmeric and Calcium Phosphate * May contain Wheat, peanuts, other tree nuts, milk, soy and eggs! Pistachios. Yep. #fail bought and can't eat!

Fooled by the store reputation and blindly bought legal foods (or so I thought). Proud that I had the will power to walk in front of the pasta, pizza, bakery and juice bar without having to have something.

While searching for this random sauce/marinade/spice, I was angered by the lack of REAL ingredients in most of the "organic/healthy" sauces. Just another note, what deli meat does not contain preservatives and sugar?

Really had hoped my Sunday field trip would be fruitful. I guess I learned more about the hidden chemicals and sugars in products but felt stronger and healthier than ever.

Thanks W30!

Halfway there! Day 15! W30 helped me blow off birthday cake at my force-feeding office, pastries from the sweet ever-fattening hotel sales staff, snack invitation from my youngest daughter after her glowing report from her surgeon and the long period of time alone with junk food while I prepared for the night's outreach activities! Yes, temptation city! I conquered all without a moment of doubt. I am so happy with the way I am eating that I wish everyone around me would take advantage of the opportunity. Thanks for taking the time to post, publish and share your W30 experiences, recipes, and general information. Off to visit my oldest daughter and my first soon to be grandchild... sonogram at 2:00pm ! Life is Good. :)

Did it! Made it to Jackson, MS and went to see my 1st granddaughter! Sonograms are the best. She is perfect... including head full of hair. Went to dinner with my daughter at Logan's Roadhouse. Proceeded to get Lobster with clarified butter, veggie skewer with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and zucchini. Got 2 skewers! Did not eat the bread or the peanuts! Never understand that combo at the restaurant but everyone else gorges on them. Felt empowered and strong! W30 is what was needed for me. Again, thanks for your time.

Just a few questions... I have friends noticing that something is changing! I was so thrilled with my first positive comment... but immediately after the comment ... food pushing began! My self confidence has changed as well! Suggestions on how to battle the "food pusher"?

Specifics: My boss, my fair weather friends, my family and my hungry children :)

Day 17! Kombucha sounds interesting ... warnings, thoughts and rules?

I tend to start going on and on in a really cheerful to e about how much better real food is and how yucky not real food is. I make jokes while I do it, but I get my point across. "happy cows taste DELICIOUS" and that kind of thing. If you are all good natured and keep on going on and on they will give up lol

Kombucha is fantastic. Don't drink too much at once, a few ounces is good. Diluted even. It cleans out your gut really well if you aren't used to it.... Im enjoying the synergy ginger berry right now because I was out of the stuff I buy by the gallon and that store was closed when I got home. It's pretty awesome with a frozen banana, in case you were wondering :)

Hi Conni!

With regards to your problems in Whole Foods - I live in Australia and we have NOTHING like that here. Everything at the supermarket is non-compliant so I just try and find paleo recipes that I can modify to be W30. Dressings and sauces taste so much better when you make them yourself :) And if you're looking for some nutty deliciousness I can never go past some kind of nut tossed in coconut oil then rolled in some powdered herbs. Obviously to be consumed in moderation (although you can never just stop at one!).

On another note, am I the only person in the world who doesn't know what kombucha is? Googling time!

I would just deal with the food pushers by saying 'I'm actually really happy with what I'm eating at the moment, thanks!' and changing the subject. I'm pretty straightforward like that - I don't like there to be any question that I don't want to continue with the conversation. I really enjoy Aberrantatavia's (wow that's hard to type) suggestion of the happy cows, though. They really do taste better! :D

Aberrantatavia and hayleydarling,

Thanks so much for your posts... I was able to battle the food pushers, doubters and posers.... :) "Healthy cows and chickens taste so much better... you need to try it. Then I was able to ask for the ingredients of the deli chicken meat they used on their salads... Needless to say... Subway ad's are misleading at best. oh well... it worked an I looked so informed... thanks.

Kombucha... buying today. Going to Trader Joes for the first time in Nashville, TN. Can't wait to be among... legal foods... Suggestions on what is a must?

Again, thanks for the support... Day 18 here I go... !

Day 19 and Day 20 were a blur! At my first Sudanese weeding, food is scarce but when it is around it is ALL non-W30! I felt strong and had energy but did not eat very much the last two days. I am concerned as the first thing I did this morning when being back at homebase... grilled chicken thighs, sauteed onions, peppers and summer squash and watermelon for dessert just for breakfast! Hope the rest of the day slows down a bit but I don't want to limit myself and get hungry. :)

Wedding perk: Henna party until 1:00 am, french manicure and pedicures and great fellowship! Food, who cared... :) I have never had that feeling but with my control and consistent energy... I was the little engine that could.

Wow... it is Day 29! Where has the time gone! One minute I am struggling with what to eat the next minute... I am so confident that I have food at home that I am not bothered by it... so what do i do now... i have everyone around me wondering what I am doing and how to throw me a bone... (sugar pushers) and mess me up! But I have such control and knowing that I have lived 100% clean without sugar or sugar substitutes, grains, legumes, peanuts, and soy...alcohol or really anything that was not REAL food... has given me such a proud silent confidence that I do not need the cheering fans. I just want to find a good CSA and good meat store that is more convenient and new recipes that I know are clean! Thanks for the support and hanging out with me on my W30... here's to the next W30 that I begin on Friday, Sept.14! :)

Hello Day 30! Awoke without an alarm, great energy, clear mind ready to start the day... then...I am overwhelmed when my daughter remarks..."it's your Day 30!" She has shown the the least support but somehow I believe she will begin to ask questions and begin her own W30. It is amazing that W30 truly does affect everyone around you. I can not believe I have done it! I am feeling so good but I am very anxious about what to expect next. I do not want to have inflammation and bloating. I don't want to lose my perfect sleep patterns. I am not willing to give up my clear thinking, boundless energy levels and happiness! So... yes, I am simply starting my W30 Part 2 on Friday. I will measure and take pictures like I did with my first W30 and I am going to be very creative this go round. Recipe call! Pressure cookers, crock pots, grilled or stirfry... I am ready to explore.

Thanks for the support and resources. I would not have been able to do without you all! (pinching myself to see if I am dreaming!)

Archived