*December 5 Start Date- NERVOUS!

Whole30Newbie15

I am doing my second one. Finished The first one 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. And started this one the day after Thanksgiving. I will not lie, the first week is the hardest. Although in this second whole30 the first week has been a breeze. Just make sure you eat your fats. That is what hold you over between meals. I am now very very very rarely have anything between meals. I need three good meals a day. Good luck....you got this!!!

Hi Joci!

Thank you so much for your response! I know that mentally, I am ready. I just have to remember why I am doing this in the first place. Have you lost any weight during your first Whole30? I am looking to lose weight, but after a lot of research, have noticed so many other positive results from this.

I am just starting, too.  Today is day 1.  I was eating Paleo for two months earlier in the year but had not been introduced to Whole 30 yet.  So this is my first Whole30 officially but I know a little of what to expect.  I felt SOOOO much better after 6-8 weeks and I lost around 30 lbs (I have a lot to lose...around 120lb) and the best part was that after the sugar withdrawal past, I did not even feel like I was "working" at it.  I found myself *wanting* the veggies.  And food never tasted better...ever. I got off the wagon when I told myself I would take a break for my birthday and for a week of vacation.  All the old cravings came back with a vengeance and it has taken me SIX months to climb back on.  Bound and determined to make it back!!!

Best wishes on Day 1 tomorrow!!! Do as much food prep as you can so it feels easier.  And make sure you eat enough food and definitely enough fat so you are not hungry.   It is hard at first for lots of reasons but hang in there so you can see the benefits.

Hi Newbie!

I know I will be going through some sort of withdrawl from sugar, caffeine, etc. It sounds crazy to start on a Friday, but if I can start over a weekend, then I know I can do this. I usually prep my meals as it is, but I actually decided to order 10 days worth of meals from premadepaleo.com. They have a Whole30 section as well as paleo foods. I have never ordered "food delivery" before, but I thought it would be a good idea so that I can 1. Make sure I am eating enough and 2. Not use "oh, it's late, let me just eat this.." as an excuse."

I am going to make a mark on my calendar for the 6 week mark. :) From all of the research I have done, it seems like you need to get past the first month to reallly understand how good this is for you. It makes sense, though.

How is your first day going?

Hey everyone - Come on over to the Dec 1st thread! The more the merrier!

Four - I had a similar experience once I let the sugar go - it's been the easiest plan to follow (in terms of liking the food and not feeling deprived.)

The planning is tough in the beginning, and even after that, but it's so worth it. Happy Day 1!

JocI - great advice!

Hey today is my Day 2 and so far it's not so bad! The only issue I have is working in an office  <_<  so many clients bring in treats and goodies for the entire office during the holiday!! I do my best to stay out of our break room so I can "forget" about all of the sweets. 

Good luck !!! :)

I also started on December 5.

I'm feeling pretty good, especially yesterday and today. I've been sleeping better and feeling more refreshed when I wake up. I've also been doing better in the gym and have been overall more productive. Enjoying it so far!

Sounds like everyone is doing great here. Today is 2 weeks of my 2nd whole 30. On my first one, I lost 6.5 # and 14 inches. I work out 6 days a week, sometimes 2x a day. My journey started...again...on Labor Day, about 6 weeks before I started doing my first whole 30. I had lost about 12 # before starting my 1st one. Since the start of my second whole30, I am down a total of about 20# and 22 inches. Having said that, I really don't have anything else to lose. I like eating the whole 30 way and the 2 weeks between the 2, I ate the same way but indulged a bit in alcohol and some sweets. I really feel better without it. I am leaving for a family trip in 2 weeks...my last day of this whole 30 is the first day of a seven day cruise. I'm pretty sure I will indulge there.

Keep up the great work. It reall is so easy to do. I went to a party last weekend....pizza, beer, wings, cake....my favorites. I ate before I went, and drank water while I was there. The next day, another party with lots of good.....bad for you food. Again, ate before I went and only drank water. Did eat a few raw veggies...just to not be rude.

This is easy and doable. Plan plan plan!

How is everyone doing?!

Well today is day 8, and I'm still feeling great.

I made some homemade mayo today and it is delicious. One problem I still have is a craving for something sweet after a meal. I bought some dates and they help with that. I'm happy that my cravings for chocolate have finally gone away. That was tough.

By not treating this like a diet, but rather a healthy way of eating, I'm finding that I'm being successful at this.

Archived