Hello...Christmas here I come...

Peta Sharrock

I started today also. I have already had enough junky holiday food to last me all of 2015 (I don't even like Christmas cookies, but I eat them, cause, it's Christmas!)... 

It seems like it's discouraged to start right before Christmas but there is honestly no special holiday food that I can't miss and I'm just ready to start now. 

Good luck to you both! I'm sure it's about to get real busy on the forum once the Jan. 1 folks start!

>It seems like it's discouraged to start right before Christmas

I think any vibe you get along those lines just comes from the place of wanting people to "set themselves up for success".  We already see people struggle year-round to do a W30 by itself, without the added stressors of the holiday season.

If you're in a good place to go for it, that's awesome!

Reminds me a bit of the question of stopping smoking and W30: some people say they couldn't do both at the same time since it'd be too much stress, and then other people say the discipline of one effort gave them strength to stay disciplined in the other.

Starting my 3rd Whole30 on January 2nd.  I'm hoping to make it a Whole 100 since I have had great success with my first two rounds of W30.  I just love the program but cannot seem to follow the meal template unless I am fully committed to Whole 30 eating.  I knew the holidays would make it hard to resist those once a year foods and I would have failed miserably.  Knowing I have a solid start date gives me somthing to look forward to an knowing I will feel better is all the incentive I need.

Archived