second attempt at W30 January 2nd

pechristie

I attempted my first W30 in November. I lasted about 5 days. the headachs were killer and stress at work added to the challenge. So i decided to wait intil january.

In the meantime, I have been doing alot of reading books and web sites. I feel that I am better prepared this time. One concern is my morning coffee.I used to use artifical sweetener and almond milk, after my first attempt I quit the sugar. I still use almond milk, but dont think i can do black what are my choices on whole 30?

Thanks for the input

Paula

• Moderators

You can do black coffee. Start telling yourself that you are strong enough to drink black coffee for 30 days. 

Many people find that by drinking a better quality of coffee they are happy drinking it black. If you don't like it without sugar and cream, you should drink something else. There are 1000 compliant teas you could drink during a Whole30. 

I used to think I couldn't do black coffee either. I did my first Whole 30 in October-November and I fully committed. I'll be honest and say that black coffee was rough for about 3-4 days but I stuck to it and now it's not too bad. I did switch to Starbucks Blonde roast for a bit of a milder taste but you CAN do it.

Archived