Best way to reheat egg muffins?

keightlynn

I'm sure this has been covered before, so feel free to link me to a post I missed, but what is the best way to reheat those little "egg muffins" (ie eggs and veggies / meat baked in muffin tins) that everyone recommends?  I'm making them for the first time tonight for my husband who leaves early and has to eat on the run, but I know reheating eggs can be tricky.  What's the best way?  Thanks!

• Moderators

If you have a toaster oven, that's what I use. I wrap them in foil, leave it just a little open for steam to escape, but still covering the top so it doesn't burn, and use the toast setting that does both the top and bottom. Takes 5-10 minutes.  I don't care for them as much if I microwave them, but if I'm really in a hurry, I'll eat them cold.

(Also, if you have the problem I do of not being able to get them out of the muffin tins no matter how much you oil them, you can dump the whole mix in a greased 10 x 13 pan to bake. Doesn't look as neat as the little muffins, but I got tired of scraping eggs out of the muffin tins.)

Archived