Day 4

Here is what I ate today:

Pre-breakfast: 500 ml of water with half a lemon

Breakfast: Egg loaf, sweet potato, homemade mayo

Lunch: Chocolate Chili with half an avocado

Dinner: Thai Beef Stew

Snack: Tuna salad, lime and cilantro coleslaw 

Water: 2L

I'm feeling a little tired today, but other than that, ok. Luckily, I think I may have avoided the caffeine withdrawal headache (maybe the water I'm drinking?). I was supposed to go to hot yoga today but was lacking energy. Definitely tomorrow. I signed up for a mud run/obstacle course with some friends, so I need to make sure I'm in tip-top shape by July! Time to get serious! :)

I had class today from 4:30-7:30, so had to eat dinner beforehand. Then I came home and ate a little more. I think I have to plan it better next time, as I really want to stick to three meals a day. But no worries. It's all good. :)

I think I ate too much mayo today. :/

post-4434-0-17253400-1420507990_thumb.jp

Day 5

Breakfast: Egg loaf with half an avocado (I'm all egg-loafed out now!)

Lunch: Thai beef stew

Dinner: Sweet potato topped with chocolate chili

I realize I didn't eat enough veggies today but I was too tired to care. Even though it's only day 5, I think I have reached the "I just want a nap" stage. I had every intention (again) of going to hot yoga today but took a 2-hour nap instead. I'm still pretty tired and I'm hoping the nap doesn't interfere with my sleep tonight. I have arranged to start training at the gym on Monday and hoping to be past the rough days by that time. Hopefully I'll get to yoga tomorrow. 

post-4434-0-69278300-1420598388_thumb.jp

post-4434-0-44147800-1420598406_thumb.jp

Day 6

Breakfast: Prosciutto-wrapped Frittata Muffins (2), 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 sweet potato with mayo

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins

Lunch: Chocolate Chili, raw carrots

Dinner: Shepherd's Pie

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/12/28/paleo-comfort-food-cottage-flower-pie/

Despite the fact that I had a 2-hour nap yesterday afternoon, I was able to fall asleep fairly quickly last night and woke up before my alarm. I'm going to the washroom a lot throughout the night, which I guess is normal. I usually do anyway, but a little more than usual right now. So my sleep, while good, is a little broken. Luckily, I'm able to fall back to sleep easily (which has not always been the case in recent months). 

My headache arrived today. Ugh. Isn't this a little later than normal? It's been getting worse throughout the day and right now I just want to go to sleep. We had a snowstorm today so I was unable to get to hot yoga (AGAIN!). Dare I say tomorrow?? We'll see how I'm feeling. I also have a lot of schoolwork to do over the next few days, but I will try and take some time out of my day to exercise. 

post-4434-0-22523200-1420676614_thumb.jp

Day 7

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, pulled pork (only because I just took it out of the crockpot after cooking all night and it was so good, I couldn't resist a taste!), 'Potatoes' O'Brien with homemade mayo. I couldn't finish the eggs. 

Lunch: Leftover shepherd's pie and 'Potatoes' O'Brien 

Dinner: Leftover chocolate chili and leftover Thai beef stew

Thank goodness my headache went away! I had an ok sleep last night, very broken though. I felt pretty good most of the day, probably the best I have felt in a long time. I went to the faculty and did some writing, and it felt good to see some friends and catch up. It helped me feel better. I will definitely go back tomorrow. It is -24 (Celsius) here right now, and while I did want to go to yoga, I couldn't fathom the thought of going outside to clean off my car and sit in the freezing car while it warmed up. Sad, I know. But I think I will go to the gym tomorrow for a run on the treadmill. Time to get this butt moving! :)

post-4434-0-41976300-1420765870_thumb.jp

Hi! I'm glad you found it! I have to say, I'm really enjoying the food right now, and I decided this time around to put links for the recipes of what I make. You should definitely try the Thai Beef Stew that I made earlier. Best thing I've ever eaten on the Whole 30 program! You can put whatever veggies you like or are available to you. Delish! :)

Day 8

Breakfast: Prosciutto-wrapped Frittata muffins (2) and broccoli slaw

Lunch: Leftover shepherd's pie (and a little pulled pork because it was a small portion)

Dinner: Tuna salad lettuce wrap and Potatoes O'Brien (I used parsnip with the rutabaga this time - so good!) with homemade mayo

I can't believe I'm on day 8 already! The time really is passing quickly and I'm enjoying it so much. I haven't felt this good in a long time, both mentally and physically. It feels so good! I got a little tired around 2 pm so I had a 2-hour nap. I'm still tired and am looking forward to having a good sleep tonight.

I have plans to go for a run at the gym tomorrow and hot yoga. Fingers crossed I make it! As I mentioned earlier, I signed up for a mud race/obstacle course in July, so it's time to get this body moving. I downloaded a running app which other members of my team are using, and my start day is Sunday. I also start back with my trainer on Monday. Looking forward to feeling even better than I do now! Oh, and two nights ago, I signed up for a 10k in April with my best friend!I I figured it would be a good way to help prepare for the mud race. Maybe a 5k halfway between now and April!? We'll see. :)

Today is Friday and usually the time I would be craving a glass of wine or two. I'm not going to lie - I would LOVE that right now. Weekends are generally the time I go off the rails with my weight loss goals. I somehow felt like I was entitled to drink because it's the weekend. A friend of mine texted me earlier in the week and said she would be in town tonight and would I like to go out. I declined because I know I will be tempted to drink alcohol and make poor food choices. That's not part of the plan and given how good I'm feeling, why would I want to do that to myself, knowing how I will feel tomorrow (mentally and physically)? Not happening. :)

post-4434-0-35613000-1420851053_thumb.jp

Day 9

Breakfast: Prosciutto-wrapped frittata muffins (2) and Potatoes O'Brien with homemade mayo

Lunch: Pulled pork with leftover Potatoes O'Brien and homemade mayo

Dinner: Slow-cooked roast chicken and broccoli slaw

Water: 2.25L

Not much new to report today. I feel good. Had a busy day and of course, I didn't make it to the gym and yoga as I had intended. But tomorrow is the day I start my running program, so I will be there. 

I realized a couple of days ago that I have not been eating any fruit during this Whole 30. I think I ate a banana at the beginning but that's it. I used to snack on fruit during previous Whole 30s. Maybe because I'm not snacking this time, I'm not eating it. I can't tell if I miss it or not. 

I definitely have been eating too much mayo. I love it so much! Weight loss a goal for me during this Whole 30 (though not the only goal) and I'm worried it will affect my results. Do I need to be worried about this? Anybody have any thoughts on this?

post-4434-0-76728100-1420943329_thumb.jp

Day 10

Breakfast: Prosciutto-wrapped frittata muffins (2) with broccoli slaw

Lunch: Roast chicken with broccolini sauteed in olive oil

Dinner: Cod cakes with homemade mayo

http://seasidekitchen.blogspot.ca/2011/08/paleo-cod-cakes.html 

Water: 2.5L 

I finally made it to the gym today! Unfortunately, my GPS wasn't working on my phone so I couldn't use the program that the others are using, but I still ran/walked 2.2 miles. It's a good start. :) Tomorrow I start back with my trainer. Not much else happening today. Pretty tired and a lot of schoolwork to do. No veggies with my dinner (other than those hidden in the cod cakes). I think I've hit the "for the love of Gosling, my pants are tighter" stage. It doesn't help that my monthly visitor has arrived (TMI, I know). I didn't make as much food this weekend as I was hoping. And sometimes I wish my mind had an off switch. :)

post-4434-0-28445200-1421022907_thumb.jp

Day 11

Breakfast: Leftover scrambled eggs and 2 small cod cakes (this was small because I was going to the gym and didn't want a full belly!)

Post-workout: Small piece of sweet potato and small piece of chicken

Lunch: Sweet potato, roast chicken and homemade mayo

Dinner: Burgers with homemade ketchup, fried mushrooms and onions

http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2014/03/06/wf2-recipe-kickass-ketchup/

I worked out with my trainer this morning. After my run yesterday and workout this morning, my body is tired and achey. On top of that, I walked to the gym and back, and then to the faculty and back, on unplowed sidewalks. Do you know how hard it is to walk on unplowed sidewalks? Lol I was exhausted! Also, I am hungry tonight for the first time. I don't think I ate enough today and didn't have enough fat with my dinner. Another run tomorrow and more yummy food! 

post-4434-0-72284400-1421117976_thumb.jp

Day 12

Breakfast: Cod mash with homemade mayo

Lunch: Leftover cod mash, 2 burgers with homemade ketchup

Dinner: Salad from Subway (I brought it home and added chicken breast, olive oil, salt and pepper - I'm not big on salad but was out running errands and in no mood to come home and make dinner) 

I've had a pretty busy day. I ran on the treadmill this morning and walked a lot today. It is FREEZING here today, so I'm proud of myself for actually leaving the house! I bought some new running shoes for the gym and a jacket to go with my new snowpants I bought last week. All ready for some outdoor winter activities! Hot yoga tomorrow night and I'm finally hoping to make Lemon Ginger Chicken and Asian Sauteed Greens! I can't believe it's Day 12 already! :)

post-4434-0-35296700-1421199511_thumb.jp

Day 13

Breakfast: Prosciutto-wrapped frittata muffins (2), sweet potatoes and homemade mayo

Lunch: Chicken salad

Dinner: Ribs, baby potatoes, and brussel sprouts

Water: 2.25L

I ran some errands this morning and when I got home, I was so cold, I couldn't bear to go back outside, so I stayed home for the rest of the day (it was -22 Celsius). And I have been soooooo tired today! I'm still not sleeping as well as I would like. I've been waking up to go to the washroom and again in the middle of the night for no reason. I think I will give myself a cutoff time for water in the evenings and see if that helps. Also, I think all of the activity I have done in the past couple of days has worn me out! I didn't go to yoga, but I have training tomorrow morning and it's also a run day! I'm feeling pretty good in general. Just waiting for the magic. :)

post-4434-0-89087100-1421282720_thumb.jp

Day 14

Pre-breakfast: 500 ml of water with half a lemon (to be honest, I drank this after my small pre-workout food)

Pre-workout: 1 prosciutto-wrapped frittata muffin (I tried to eat a small amount of chicken breast, too, but couldn't stomach it that early in the morning)

Breakfast: Egg white veggie scramble (this was post-workout/breakfast all in one - that's why there is no fat)

Lunch: Tuna salad lettuce wraps

Dinner: Ground chicken, veggies and olives in tomato sauce

Water: 3L

I had a fairly good day today. I trained at the gym for an hour and then went to the faculty and got some work done. When I came home, I was going to go for a run, but decided I didn't want to go off schedule. Tomorrow is run day.

I'm super tired in the evenings and just want to curl up on the couch and go to sleep. I think I'm going to have a cup of Tazo Wild Sweet Orange tea and get cosy. 

Tomorrow is day 15!! Halfway point! :)

post-4434-0-13001600-1421369862_thumb.jp

Day 15

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and sweet potato with mayo

Lunch: Ground chicken and veggies in tomato sauce

Dinner: Ribs and steamed veggies tossed in olive oil 

Snack: Larabar (I was at a hockey game and wanted to keep my mind off of the beer!), pistachios

I went for run today on the treadmill. I also had my first social outing tonight and it was a success! I went to a hockey game with some people from the faculty (I took my son along). Normally, I would have had a beer, but I felt ok not drinking, partly because my son was with me. So I ate my Larabar and drank water and it was great! The others were going out for drinks afterwards but I had my son with me, so that wasn't an option (I wouldn't have gone anyway - I don't need that temptation right now!). I'm going to eat a handful of pistachios right now (feeling a little hungry), maybe a cup of tea, and then head to bed. 

Hooray to you for successful social outing! It's not easy I know -- watching the Ducks game at a bar with my daughter totally put my willpower to the test! Haha! Good thing we left early (we had symphony tickets) -- I might have had a hard time getting through the disappointing second half without a beer (or more)!

Day 16

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and fried potatoes

Lunch: Ground chicken and veggies in tomato sauce with half an avocado

Dinner: Ribs and salad tossed in olive oil

Water: Approx. 2L (can't be sure though today)

I went to hot yoga this morning for the first time in 5 weeks and almost DIED!! I probably shouldn't have picked the 90-minute class! My body was pretty sore from Thursday's training session, so it was challenging. But I know it will get better. 

I keep waking up in the middle of the night at either 3:45 or 4 am on the nose. Weird. Luckily, I fall asleep again, but I would like to sleep right through the night. I think I'm starting to feel a little thinner. I'm feeling pretty good, other than my tiredness. 

I bought heaps of food today to make some good food tomorrow. :)

post-4434-0-35621700-1421548439_thumb.jp

Archived