Successful Whole30 BUT reintroduction hurts too much

Keri W.

I feel like I've had HUGE success with my first whole30. I know I've lost weight because my clothes are loose and people have noticed. Also, it has been so nice to not deal with the psychological games from a visit with the scale. I still haven't weighed myself and I don't care. I don't want to know. I have enough information by how I feel and how my clothes fit. My skin also cleared up and it glows! I even have some pretty bad back pain due to bulging discs/arthritis, that has decreased significantly. I also like the fact that I'm not obsessing over food like I used to with things like weight watchers and calorie counting. After one day of reintroduction (dairy), I feel absolutely awful and I don't like it one bit. I slept terribly and I'm bloated. I also feel like a slug now. To me, it just isn't worth it. I already know that I can't have grains (celiac disease), and it's obvious that dairy doesn't work well for me either. I'm starting another whole30 right now!! I can't wait to feel better. :wacko:

Good for you, Keri! I haven't specifically reintroduced anything because there isn't anything I want to eat all the time. I went on vacation right after my W30 and the only things I added were a few sugars in some condiments or meats (sausage & bacon) and I had sushi one night. I don't miss rice as I never really ate is, so it was more of a treat than anything. I also had some alcohol, but only intend on imbibing for special occasions. So far I have stayed mostly W30 and I just like eating this way. I like being done with it because I don't have to worry about so much added stuff, but at the same time I can choose to avoid most things :)

Archived