RX Bars

Anthony Della Rosa

Guest Andria

Emergency food. Use only if you are stuck  without food, i.e. stuck in a snowstorm, traffic, overtime at work etc.  They are still quite high in sugar, so they could be a trigger food for some.  They are, IMHO, only a bit better than LARAbars since they do have a protein component to them.  Proceed with caution.

Ok so I ate at 1 go to gym at 7-8 for heavy strength training but won't have dinner till 9 could I use it a snack till I get home and have dinner?

In that specific example I'd try to eat something before the gym, and preferably just by having brought more for lunch so you can eat the rest of it with the combo of being A] W30-template and B] preworkout food

Ok so I ate at 1 go to gym at 7-8 for heavy strength training but won't have dinner till 9 could I use it a snack till I get home and have dinner?

That actually would not be a good choice. The recommended post WO fuel is protein and carb. No fruit or fat.  

Instead, take along a compliant tuna or salmon packet with some sweet potato, for example.

Thanks for all your quick responses I guess when I see something that's whole 30 approved I think automatically that it's free reign to have whenever you want

There's free rein in the many choices of whole protein, vegetables and fat that are compliant on a Whole30. For best results, follow the recommended meal template at each meal.  

Archived