Nori Sheets - Vegetable?

ErynRNY

Yes, but you'd have to eat a whole lot of them to get to at least 1 cup's worth of a serving.  May need to supplement with other vegetables at a meal, along with protein and fat, to get sufficiently satiated.

Also confirm the ingredients are compliant. Some may have off-plan oils.

Thanks, GFChris! I was thinking as I was reading your response that one would have to eat a ton of nori to get to a cup! I will definitely make sure that I don't count it as a full serving of veggies when I eat it. I am using Emerald Cove Organic Pacific Sushi Nori and the only ingredient listed is organic toasted nori seaweed. If there was any oil, they would have to list it, right?

Thanks, GFChris! I was thinking as I was reading your response that one would have to eat a ton of nori to get to a cup! I will definitely make sure that I don't count it as a full serving of veggies when I eat it. I am using Emerald Cove Organic Pacific Sushi Nori and the only ingredient listed is organic toasted nori seaweed. If there was any oil, they would have to list it, right?

Right - that product sounds fine. 

I was wondering about this too! Even though it doesn't really offer much substance I'd still love to use it to make veggie sushi rolls (no rice of course!) With a little wasabi mayo? Yum! Good to know. : )

Just be sure the wasabi is compliant.  :)

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Erika, please don't cross post across categories.

Carrageenan is a highly processed, industrially produced chemical. Yes it comes from seaweed but it is so far removed from its original source that it is unrecognizable to your body. It's an inflammer and contributes to gut issues. There is a tonne of information online about how bad carrageenan is for you.

Should you want to consume nori or seaweed, go ahead...but carrageenan is off limits for your Whole30.

Archived