Starting Jan 15....But what about Super Bowl!?!?!

vincit qui se vincit

Hi everyone!! My name is Caleb and I am starting the Whole30 Program on Jan 15. I am saying that because I keep putting it off and putting it off and now it's in black and white...now why did I wait until after Jan 1!!! How am I going to make it through all of these phenomenal football games that are upon us??? EEEEKKKK. Anyone else procrastinate like I did and want to join my bandwagon of committing to this program through Super Bowl Sunday?? Some accountability may help me!! Thanks and good luck during your journey! (and man is this a journey)

On another note, what do people do about crazy schedules? In my line of work I frequently find I am up for sometime 24+ hours. How do you do meals? I never know if I am going to be staying late so it's tough to plan. Any thoughts?

-Caleb 

Can you keep a thermos or cooler with you at work or in the car. Keep a couple extra meals in tupperware or soups in a thermos. Cut up raw veg, throw in a piece of fruit or two. Cans of tuna or chicken or packets of salmon. Baggies of hard boiled eggs, make a bunch of sweet potatoes or yams at the start of the week and bring one or two extra in case. If you are unsure of your schedule before hand I would stick to your regular breakfast, lunch, dinner schedule and add a meal 4 hrs after dinner with the same template if you get stuck at work. Good luck, hope it helps!

Welcome Caleb,

Big football fans in my house, and we are hosting little parties until the Super bowl!  We prepare a chili with compliant sirloin, no beans, and natural spices, hummm yummy. Guacamole with stacks of celery for snacks, compliant kombucha or mineral water with lime juice on it, or cucumber/mint water, you got this.  Life is going to be always there one party away, one big event coming, Easter, Holidays, etc, etc.  We better be healthy and in good shape for all those holidays! don't you agree?

:-)

Hey guys, Newbie here. 

My name is Esther. I really want to do this challenge and am scared that I will start, get discouraged, and then quit. But hey, I guess I won't know if I can do it unless I try.  :) So here I go!

I will start with you on the 15th, Caleb. That will give me a day and a half to plan and grocery shop.

I am excited to learn how my body will react to strict and clean eating, not that I eat horribly now; however, I do love my cheese on everything and I gotta have my creamer for my coffee. I'm not a picky eater and like everything so hopefully my options will be unlimited (as much as is possible) and I wont get food bored.  :wacko:  Which is one of my fears. 

Good luck to everybody!  :D 

And lets keep this forum going, I know I'll be needing encouragement!  ^_^ 

Welcome Yosabo…….It is really hard to have food boredom on this plan. Like you said your options are unlimited. There are great recipes on the forum and elsewhere online. For coffee try some coconut oil and coconut milk and froth it into the coffee…..yum yum!! Good luck!!

Hi guys! My name is Nicole, and I'm starting today, January 14th.

I'm not worried about the super bowl, but I hear you. My college roommates are visiting my house at the end of this month, and the ONLY thing we do is drink and eat when we're together. I'm really going to have to plan ahead for that weekend!

Hi guys, I'm Gretchen, and I'm starting today! So we'll be in pretty much the same boat.

Caleb, do you have any football buddies who might be interested in joining you? My boyfriend is doing this with me, and I think it will help a ton. Also, skip the chips and dip on game day - and look up some fun Whole30 appetizer recipes to share! Honestly, I'm still worried about the not drinking thing. I'll have to find something fun (and acceptable) to sip while my friends enjoy craft beers (my favorite!).

As for work, why not make big batches of food and keep it in Tupperware in the freezer at work. Assuming you have a microwave, you could enjoy plenty of compliant meals without doing too much daily planning. Good luck! I know I'll need some support as well. :)

Ok last dumb question. I work from 4pm to midnight in a fairly stressful environment. How would you do your "meal" times? I usually wake up around 9-10am and go to sleep around 1-2 am. I know this is not optimal however I don't have much of a choice. My issue is if I eat a "meal" when I wake up I might puke while working out!! Should I just go for it and see what happens?

Ok last dumb question. I work from 4pm to midnight in a fairly stressful environment. How would you do your "meal" times? I usually wake up around 9-10am and go to sleep around 1-2 am. I know this is not optimal however I don't have much of a choice. My issue is if I eat a "meal" when I wake up I might puke while working out!! Should I just go for it and see what happens?

I'd say play it by ear --- the meal template & timing guide are recommendations not requirements. It sounds like you would definitely have "extenuating circumstances." I work out in a fasted state so personally I wouldn't sweat the a.m. or pre-workout meal. Once your ghrelin is entrained it shouldn't matter too much either way.

Thank you for the advice dlocs1021! I might have to try that...I actually got a bit of a head start today and drank some black coffee. I'm really proud of myself. :) I don't think its gonna kill me! Haha I actually enjoyed it a bit.

Went shopping tonight and prepared a few things for the week. I'm stoked guys! :)

Welcome Gretchen and Nicole! Look forward to doing this with you guys and hearing your progress on the daily. ;)

Just a quick update ... day 1 was not bad at all for me! It really didn't feel much different from normal, but I did prep my breakfast and lunch ahead of time. That helped a ton!

My subconscious must be nervous, though. I dreamed last night that I totally fell off the wagon (drinking beer, eating cheese) and was super bummed. Good motivation not to do that in real life!

Hope your first day goes well, guys. I’d love to hear any good meal ideas you have going forward!

The guidelines suggest drinking .5ounce per lb that you weigh so roughly you should be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water. I never quite make it to that amount but I always try my best. Water is oddly still the hardest thing for me!! I work out of my car so having to use the bathroom frequently throughout the day makes for uncomfortable car rides. Try to bindge drink when I get home but with a 9 month old its hard to make frequent trips to the bathroom too lol. 

Archived