Starting on Lamisil

Has anyone had any experience taking Lamisil or a similar antifungal drug while on Whole30? I am not sure if I need to be prepared for anything unusual to happen? (I'm on day 9 of my third 30).

Long story short, I started a running program a few years ago (after never having been a runner) and screwed up my big toenail - it separated from the skin. It's been getting worse ever since (going on 3+ years). Somewhere along the way I picked up some sort of fungus (gross, I know), which has been growing under/in the nail. To top it all off, what I thought was just dry skin on my feet is apparently also some sort of fungal thing / athlete's foot.

Setting aside the notion of whether the fact that I am, apparently, a host for fungus is solely diet-related (I figure this is indeed a possibility), I have decided that I really want this toenail back and I'm going to go ahead and take the Lamisil. It took me years to see a podiatrist about this issue specifically because I didn't want to take an antifungal, but I finally came to the conclusion that having normal feet again was very important to me (yes, it's vanity - I did some foot modeling back in the day) and taking this kind of toxic drug for a while was a price I was willing to pay.

So Lamisil started yesterday (liver function tested totally normal). Toenail gets removed Thursday. I just hope that this works! Doc said that if I remove the nail completely, then the time on the Lamisil should be reduced to about four months (from 10-12+), so I guess I'm all in.

• 2 weeks later...

Tea tree oil, thyme oil, apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil are all anti - fungal and can be applied topically and/or added to your diet. I had a fungus on my skin before and it was suggested I take Lamisil. I chose to go natural and heal with the above plus an anti - candida diet. There were no animal foods, sugars (even fruit), or glutens on the diet. It worked! Good luck :)

I have tried many non-pharmaceutical remedies over the last few years- topical and oral. This really was a last resort.

It will take a while to figure out whether the lamisil will address my main issue- but it's already cleared up some ancillary problems (scalp issues, athletes foot). Saw my doc yesterday- next liver test is in a month.

Archived