Day 13 - Not Really Interested in Food

Hi all!

I'm rocking right along and am on day 13. Aside from a low grade headache every day last week, and a fleeting thought of "a brownie would be nice" on Saturday, I'm doing well.

Except, starting Sunday, I am downright not interested in food past "Will it feed me? Is it template? Good enough." Along with not being nearly as hungry as I was last week. My food isn't boring. It tastes great. I just have no interest in it. I checked the timeline and am not sure if I've already hit food boredom, or if this is something else. {Also not experiencing boundless energy, but I haven't had that the past two attempts I've made at this either. Steadier energy, certainly. Just not endless supplies of it ;)}

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else? I'm going to keep on keeping on, just curious!

• Administrators

Totally normal.  I sometimes wonder if "food boredom" is actually just our brains adjusting to using food for fuel and not for entertainment, celebration, disguising emotions, alleviating boredom etc.  

On the other hand, now is probably a decent time to experiment with flavours via spices, spice blends (SO many good ones), different ethnic inspirations, different textures etc. 

Keep eating those template meals and your body and brain will come around!

Thanks! Yesterday as soon as I got home from work my appetite came roaring back. We had awesome hamburger "bowls" for dinner and they were delicious.

As far as food for fuel rather than all the other things we typically use it for, I would agree with that statement. On Monday I found out I'm getting a new job (one I really wanted) and I was so excited! Normally we would celebrate with pizza and beer (all the bad things at once!) but that wasn't an option. We found a paleo cafe that had two compliant options, ordered it to go, and then I made a smoothie at home that was too good and I know was SWYPO but we were CELEBRATING! Funny how those pathways are so engrained. "I got X so now I deserve Y." No more smoothies for us on this round, but I'm proud of us for not breaking into the wine or beer just because.

Archived