sweet potato hash?

duckborg

i have been doing internet research and many extra curricular sources say they eat the sweet potato hash for meal 1, one source for sure recommended by the hartwigs at the end of the book, nom nom paleo. they don't say anything about eating vegetables and fats just the hash. is this for their normal life post the whole30? is just sweet potato hash whole30 compliant?

signed,

looking-for-the-new-breakfast-norm-sigh

• Administrators

Hi Scott, the whole eggs can be considered the fat source, you would just check in with yourself and if it didn't keep you satisfied you could add another fat source the next time. The sweet potatoes are considered a veggie but personally I would add something else to this like spinach or green beans or brussel sprouts as I don't personally like the feeling I get from eating just starchy veggies and eggs.

I'll often make a meal out of that sweet potato hash, with some diced sausages (already browned), a poached egg on top and kale salad or something like that on the side (I normally try to get a couple different vegetables in at each meal). Yum. But *just* the sweet potato isn't enough for a meal on its own.

Archived