Would love to hear your favorite slow-cooker soup recipes!

Bones74

Bones74:

I don't have exact measures as I eyeball it but I love this soup and you can change ratios according to your own taste

Thai Butternut Squash Soup base

1. bake a butternut squash in the oven, let cool and then puree the squash in a food processor

2. in a pot over medium heat, add some coconut oil. sautee an onion. When translucent, add some garlic.

3. add about 2 cups of chicken broth.

4. Add the pureed butternut squash

5. add TBS or more Thai Curry Paste (love the red)

6. Add about 1/2 to 3/4 can coconut milk

again, all is based on your palate; I wing it every time without being disappointed. With this soup base, I can then make whatever soup I want througout the week without feeling like I am eating the same thing (and prep it very quickly) For example, depending on my mood, I may heat up the soup with whatever veggies I have to avoid wasting them as well as add whatever protein.

My favorite is adding chopped carrot, chopped jicama, cubed sweet potato, a couple handfuls of spinach with chopped up chicken.

Another cooking up some Whole30 compliant bacon, throwing in some shrimp; once sauteed, a quickly throw in watever veggies I have and let those stir fry a bit....eventually add soup base, simmer and serve with squeeze of lime. I have thrown in ground beef before just because that i what I felt like eating. Yum.

• Administrators

Not exactly slow cooker soup, but the slow cooker is involved in a big way, so...............  ;)

I make bone broth.  Long cooked (over 3-4 days).  Take 4 cups of that broth and make this recipe for Tom Kha Gai.  I wish I could swim around in it some days, it is so flavourful, comforting, nutritious, delicious!  http://www.foodrenegade.com/tom-kha-gai-thai-coconut-soup/

Hmmm...now I know what is for lunch tomorrow afternoon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although not a soup, here's a classic beef stew recipe that might work for you -- I love soups too, and found this very satisfying! I found it on the Taste of Home site, and it's NOT W30 compliant as is, but easily adaptable, without sacrificing hardiness or flavor. If you're familiar with the W30 guidelines, you'll have no problem identifying the few ingredients that need omitted or substituted. If you want to know what we changed, just let me know! Good luck!

Classic Beef Stew http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/classic-beef-stew

Archived