Starting February 1st in Bogota, Colombia!

erinsween22

Hey everyone! I a excited to be joining this committed group of people doing Whole30 on Feb 1st! It's my first time, although I have been dairy-free for one year and gluten free for 6 months. Going sugar free (and eliminating other grains) is going to be the toughest for me, as I love gluten free desserts. I have always had a lot of digestive issues, and since I recently moved from the states to Colombia, South America, it has been even more of a challenge. I am ready to start feeling better, and hoping this will help! Avoiding starches in Colombia is not easy, and finding great recipes additions like coconut butter and flour, will prove tricky I think, but it will be just another aspect of the challenge. I've already found one great store not too far from where we live that does sell alternative flours and nuts in bulk!  

Thanks to everyone else currently in the Whole30 for providing inspiration and helping me stay committed! 

@RachelRoberts2, I am here with my boyfriend who is teaching science in English. I also just started a job teaching English! It is definitely a challenge to do the Whole30 here, but I am encouraged by the foods I am finding!

@praxisproject, I wondered about plaintains -- they are plentiful here, but one of the reasons I am doing the Whole30 is that my digestive system is incredibly sensitive, and I recently stopped eating bananas and plantains because they are said to create constipation (which is exactly what I am trying to avoid). Any thoughts or things about plantains you might know that I do not?

@AuntB -- Hope your preparations are going well for starting in 6 DAYS!

@erinsween22-

Wow, that is amazing. I am so proud of you for starting this journey in a country that is so unfamiliar to you! I can completely understand that is is going to be hard, but it is going to be so worth it. Let me know if you have any questions, or need any advice or just a friend! :)

Archived